KP's growing amount of Citroens...

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
kingp
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

KP's growing amount of Citroens...

Post by kingp » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Well where do I start?!?

I seem to be collecting cars that other people would normally scrap :D

To this end I now have a Xantia mk1 TD Desire Hatch that I brought home from Lincoln and is having a decent amount of bodywork done to chop out the rust and get it good enough to do at least another 5-10yrs on the road and has had some hydraulic work done and just needs a service and an ABS sensor for its MOT next week.

I have a C5 HDi90 lx Hatch which I got from my dad after I bought him a C5 2.2HDi Exclusive Manual that we have fixed most of the issues with and also installed a nice clean leather interior and just need to fix the AC which seems to be a compressor or electrical issue with the compressor but needs to get on the car ramps so i can get at the connector easier.

And finally I have this little beauty that i got from Stockon-on-Tees

She had lost her aux belt tensioner so wasn't too happy :(
Well i picked her up and brought her over to a certain Citroen XM lover not too far from me and he set to work on fixing that issue as well as an ABS fault, a display bulb needed replacement, a wheel bearing and a calliper bolt issue.
She has no AC and no Leather but is in very good nick for a '97 2.5td VSX with the just run in mileage of 1930000 :)
Shes got a years ticket and will be getting an MOT on Monday and then offered up for sale :( I'll be sad to see her go as i
I'm getting used to the cruise control and flexibility of the engine but as I have been offered a few others now with the toys i want like AC&leather then I'm happy knowing that she will be looked after as her current service history so far is an inch thick with some manually written out sheets to show exactly what was done and when for a good few years :)

More pictures here for anyone interested and interior ones coming as soon as I've spent an evening hoovering her out and cleaning all the glass inside and out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65819956@N ... 143441495/

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Re: KP's growing amount of Citroens...

Post by CitroJim » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:39 am

Excellent stuff Will :D I like the XM a lot. yet another green one. Citroen must have done a very good deal with getting a large batch of green paint very cheaply...

Anyone could be forgiven for thinking the XM only came in one colour - green...
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

kingp

Post by kingp » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:46 am

I think its a WW2 thing Jim. They just had warehouses full of the stuff and kept it for years. Probably why the cars weigh so much as its likely lead based lol!!

Hoovering tonight if the weather stays good and the glass is certainly getting a good going over as i hate dirty glass!

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:05 am

Green was a very popular 1990's colour. I ordered my 2nd XM in green.
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

kingp

Post by kingp » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:44 pm

Its meant to be cheaper on insurance as well but i wouldn't know that as i just add and remove cars willy nilly lol

ragger
Citrobics expert

Post by ragger » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Living just a couple of miles from Soickton, I'm surprised I've never seen this one before. In fact since Chris Andrews parted with his XM, I haven't seen another one on the road anywhere in the north east - or elsewhere for that matter. It looks like it will be a good serviceable car when the jobs are finished.

I briefly owned a 2.5 estate a couple of years ago and was very impressed with the performance and the economy, however, I couldn't persuade SWMBO that it was a good replacement for her Fiat Multipla and so it went and I bought her another Multi.

GLWTS

Rob
Regards

Rob

XM 2.5 Exclusive
C1
Nissan Cashcard (New C 4 on order)

kingp

Post by kingp » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Thats the thing with it being so dam long that i cant tempt my dad into it to replace his C5. I think it was the fact that the C5 i gave him was an estate already so pushing the size barrier but even an XM hatch boot would have problems with the wheel chair as its got a dam raised lip :( The raised boot lip is the PITA in my opinion and one reason why he liked driving the rangey when he could, the lower tailgate just folded out flat and was a good lip to slide things in on.

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:41 pm

Actually Will, I'd love an XM estate for the reasons you mention as the boot sill really gets on my nerves too..

Trouble is, they never made what I want - a V6 ES9 estate...
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

kingp

Post by kingp » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:36 pm

Ah but Jim there is always at least one solution to a problem ;)

1. Get a tct estate and a donor v6 car and swap the bits over

2. Try a 2.5td and see what your missing after being away from the dark side for so long :D

ragger
Citrobics expert

Post by ragger » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:55 pm

Try a 2.5td and see what your missing after being away from the dark side for so long :D
I do like my 2.1, and it does go better than most, but the 2.5 was a revelation when I owned mine. My ideal XM is a 2.5 auto but that isn't going to happen.

Rob
Regards

Rob

XM 2.5 Exclusive
C1
Nissan Cashcard (New C 4 on order)