KP's growing amount of Citroens...

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Re: KP's growing amount of Citroens...

Post by xmexclusive » Wed May 14, 2014 9:56 am

That will be wear on the electrical contact track then.
try the other one as you intended.

John

kingp
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by kingp » Wed May 14, 2014 10:21 am

Fingers crossed!!

kingp

Post by kingp » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:41 pm

Well since the replacement fuel send arrived the current one has been fine!

Annoying but meant something else was going to give :(

And it has!!! *#*#*#$}

ANOTHER injector leakoff end bung has fallen to bits. I thought I saw a drip under the car last week and tonight it's let go.

So will have to get another fitted when I get back home now and am thinking or ordering a small length of silicone and T ing into then next link along. I do think that one of the injectors is leaking back a lot though so maybe they need a refurb. Prob best to source another set and make my life easier but that can come later. Now I just need to stop the leak and find a long term solution.

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:00 pm

The veg oil will ruin any regular diesel hose. For the end stop use a piece of hose with a plug inserted.
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

White Exec
Citroen God!
Orga / RP numbers: RP7165
1996 2.5TD saloon, Exclusive, Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime, Sable Phenicien
Location: ex-Ealing, Cheshire, W.Sussex & Surrey. Now living in Sayalonga (Malaga, Spain)

Post by White Exec » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:24 pm

I know it's a bit late (and thread titles are not readily edited), but Citroen cars come in "numbers", not "amounts" - unless we're talking about dismembered bits, which I'll probably be for mentioning this.
Sorry, but ex-teacher and all that... :?
Chris
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable
1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003

kingp

Post by kingp » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Looks like I'll be doing the small hose and screw technique tomorrow as it's driving me nuts!

And well, I do have a good few bits in the garage from a xantia I broke ;) :p

kingp

Post by kingp » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:59 pm

Well this weekend I have done a fair amount of work but not much on cars! :(
As a result I bailed out and got a local hand car wash place to clean the xm outside for a few quid.

Job was done ok as they did as asked and left the snow foam on the rear of the car with tfr for a bit longer than normal to help eat thru the veg.
This was caused by a leaking injector return rubber cap.
I was on the second or third one and basically have given up on them! In the end I cut a piece of return line, got a brass screw, wrapped some ductape around it, screwed it into the pipe, THEN used a piece of rubber fuel hose over the outside of the pipe to force it to seal even more with a tie wrap on for safety :)
The last small tie wrap I had left was for the injector leak off at the injector end, snapped just as I got it tight :( so will need to get some more of them soon to finish it off and swap the other pipes as well and get the job done.

After the wash she was taken home, quickly hosed off again and then demon shined. Yes it's the lazy way to do it but by god it helps keep the dirt off and is dead wash to apply. It's like a poor mans ultra ever dry!

Anyway she still rides well and is plodding along with the next service coming very soon and no cheap oil on the horizon from halfords either so may need to bite the bullet on that one :(

Vince
Citroen go-to-guy

Post by Vince » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Loving it Will... :lol:

kingp

Post by kingp » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:56 pm

Well its been a while since an update.

In the meantime ive done a replacement on the small end cap on the leakoff on the last injector in the row and it seems fine since. I've also tried some steam cleaning on the engine but no luck getting the worst off :(

However today the car sounded a little gruffer on the way to work and worse on the home but no lose in power or such like just more noise. I thought it might have been a heat shield but a look underneath confirms that the turbo outlet pipe to flexi has cracked all the way thru JUST in front of the flexi :( well it wont do any damage at the minute as it never get pushed enough to generate loads of heat out of it and sits on the motorway at speed most of the time so should be enough flow thru to keep the heat in there down.
I'll be phoning Paris tomorrow and will see if they can do a weld job on it cheapy cheap just to get it by the MOT time and see what it will fail on....

kingp

Post by kingp » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:00 pm

If it passes or needs very little work and the weld or another part of that section starts going then i'll look at a straight SS pipe to replace that entire section as it doesnt need the cat or middle silencer and cat at all for emmissions at MOT time :)

Its still however getting however getting late 40's and early 50's for MPG and currently sitting at an average 53.2mpg so all good :)