KP's growing amount of Citroens...

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
White Exec
Citroen God!
Orga / RP numbers: RP7165
1996 2.5TD saloon, Exclusive, Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime, Sable Phenicien
Location: ex-Ealing, Cheshire, W.Sussex & Surrey. Now living in Sayalonga (Malaga, Spain)

Re: KP's growing amount of Citroens...

Post by White Exec » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:45 pm

If you've got an oily/mucky engine block/whatever, try dislodging the dirt with a bit of biologocal (i.e. with enzyme) clothes washing liquid, mixed with some warm/hot water. The enzymes digest oil and grease quickly, will clean brushes of oil-based paints*, and are similar to Gunk in their ability to degrease. Just keep them away from family flesh, though.

* If using Hammerite or similar, squidge the brush in a TINY amount of thinner, and then finish the cleaning with bio-liquid and water. Extraordinarily effective.
Chris
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable
1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003

kingp
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by kingp » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:59 pm

Chees Chris I'll give that a try :) it's more for the veg that leaked out due to leaking leak off pipe from an injector :(

Hopefully it will be just as good :) as I can leave it to soak for a little bit as well :)

kingp

Post by kingp » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:58 am

Well time for an update.

Basically all thats happened thus far is;

The idler tensioner still squeeks for 2seconds after startup,
I've fitted M&S tyres up front (Good year Ultragrip 8) which helped loads in the snow
The interior blower motor doesn't always work when its cold but come back to the car 30mins later and it fires into life at all speeds
the engine fuse box thats always an issue has been replaced with one from a xantia
the roof is de lacquering a litte bit behind the sun roof
drivers side droplink knocks occassionaly but not very often
i've got 2 brand new cheap rear spheres to fit
Shes had another 2 services since this(one in november ish and the other in March)
Headlamp washer still leaks a little im sure due to a failed oneway valve allowing the water to drain out
Im still running an almost entirely veg mix with some odd bits of engine oil/hydro oil/ diesel/petro wash in there
Averaging at least 48mpg on all but the hardest of fully loaded jobs, my last tank was 900+miles before it literally started chugging from corners and braking/accelerating so over 50mpg from that
The hydro pipe cover under the passenger side is loose and needs a proper replacement making at some point
Still gets a wash once a month but the inside hasn't been hoovered since march and probably wont be until MOT day as there isn't much point as it will get dusty and mucky again within a few days
She does about 65miles a day so only filling up every 3ish weeks is good for me and is now £56 a fill
Back box is on its last legs so a replacement for the mid/rear section will be commissioned soon enough to just have one smaller box to take the main resonance noise out at cruise speed and shed a decent chunk of un-need weight as the car doesn't really need 4 boxes! 2-3 should be more than fine!

After the last MOT the rear end was rebuilt, basically the supports for the boot floor all cut out and remade new, sills were replaced in decent sized chunks to prevent rust for a good while and subframe assessed to make sure good and the old veg oil on it was found to be doing a cracking job as a moisture remover and protector!

kingp

Post by kingp » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:56 am

Well he's ticked over 218k last week so has been treated to some new tailgate struts. Boy do they make a difference!

Also got a brand new carpet offcut so have cut that to the shape of the boot floor and a piece to go across the back of the rear seats. It makes a noticeable difference to road noise at speed! Will cut the rest up for the foot wells soon as it's a nice coffee cream colour :D

Still getting over 52mpg at the moment and doing 70miles a day so another month and it will be oil change time! Having a lift I can use and proper oil drain stuff makes life sooooo much easier as it turns it to a 30min job.

Got a genuine cambelt for £5 from the bay and now going to see about the balancer belt, aux belt and tensioner. Think I can get a tensioner for £55 and belt shouldn't be that much. Cambelt tensioner could be fun finding one though...

captainhaddock
XM Guru

Post by captainhaddock » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:28 pm

Very impressive especially the stuff you put in your tank. I've done veg oil but only in small quantities, but engineoil-hydro-petrolwash wow. 2.1 amanual with bosch pump, is it?

kingp

Post by kingp » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Nope, 2.5 td estate :)

kps
Can find the S1 radio

Post by kps » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:03 pm

guess there wont be anymore updates on this thread now will there Admins....... ;)

kingp

Post by kingp » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:46 am

Nope updates will continue!

219k now and not far off 220k

kingp

Post by kingp » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:55 am

220 ticked over yesterday morning.

Only thing im noticing more is a droplink rattling a bit on uneven surfaces and rear spheres are probably dropping a bit so i have 2 brand NOS ones to go on in their place and see how she is for her MOT in a month or so :)

kingp

Post by kingp » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:43 am

221k ticked over today as i've been using other vehicles a good bit in the last few weeks so taken a bit longer than normal.

Drop links ordered for the MOT and looking at some new discs and pads for the front :)
Pads are coming up at £22 and i can get a single disc for £11 but others are just silly monye but hey ho, swings and roundabouts!