XM 2.0 Turbo SEi Manual, My First Citroen.

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
MTXM
Citroen God!

Re: XM 2.0 Turbo SEi Manual, My First Citroen.

Post by MTXM » Tue May 19, 2015 9:57 am

Thanks for your comments about the plates Mark and I researched the type faces including AFCarplates originally used for registrations plus the dealer logo and then found a very good and obliging local manufacturer! I was sorry to hear an original key was lost that as I recall I did send on to Graham. The car was remarkably rust free in my time and never needed any welding and I endeavoured to keep surface rust at bay on the subframes. Anyway all the best with the sale if that is what happens. With regards, Matthew T.
1989 V6 Exclusive (Poland car) - Now living in a local Motor Museum!
1990 V6sei auto (grey auto)
1990 V6sei manual (gold car)
1990 V6.24 Pallas (Germany car)
1990 V6.24v (Scotland car)
Other previous XM sold and broken too many to mention!

markgenesis
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by markgenesis » Wed May 20, 2015 7:10 am

Cheers Matt, will keep this thread updated about the car regardless ;)

Aerodynamica
Citrobics expert

Post by Aerodynamica » Fri May 22, 2015 7:37 am

Hi, the original key was with the car - it's the spare i misplaced. I'm still on the hunt for it
1993 Xantia 1.9 TD VSX 'Auld Katy' Mk1 'sinker'

markgenesis

Post by markgenesis » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:21 pm

I know Youtube has quite a few XM Suspension clips but i thought i'd do my own anyway :) .

Turned out ok, didn't realise i was slamming the door though :oops: , the day i did this i gave it a good clean and a drive (round my vast private country estate of course as it's SORN'd), driving superb 8-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zry-etktWDw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aerodynamica
Citrobics expert

Post by Aerodynamica » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi Mark, I think I just spotted you in the XM on the M8 !? Sunday the 7th, just before 3 pm heading west into town. It certainly looked the same colour and with yellow lights I think. It looked absolutely magnificent!

I was casually scanning the oncoming traffic and saw it approaching and just though (might have even said) "there's an XM"! afterwards I thought , hang on wasn't that my old one..

Was great to see all the same.

markgenesis

Post by markgenesis » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:39 pm

Aye Graeme, it was me :) , had to use the XM to go to Glentress mountainbiking as i was having bother with the Discovery, car was great, found out it can swallow a whole mountain bike with the seats folded down :D , did notice the O/S/F brake binding slightly though (was hoping it was a steering pull as i had swapped the wheels front to rear), will try and free it off but will go for a recond caliper if need be, also noticed the bottom front suspension arm bushes are rough so will be replacing those.

Must have been a car show on last Sunday (Biggar maybe ?) as i seen a few interesting machines on the journey, memorable ones were exchanging waves with a Lotus MK1 Cortina driver which was nice and spotted what looked like a Ferrari 355 near the Edinburgh bypass but decided it was a replica (based on an MR2), going by the wheels and the way it was sitting, still looked very cool though.

Pretty much keeping the car now anyway :)

Aerodynamica
Citrobics expert

Post by Aerodynamica » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:55 pm

Haha XMs are irresistable. I'm loving the CX but I get frustrated at the notion that it'll deteriorate bodily over the next few years if I drive it through the winter. Also I can't chuck my bike in the back easily - I must use the roof bars. I'm really glad you're keeping it though

Aerodynamica
Citrobics expert

Post by Aerodynamica » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:46 am

Also! it'll swallow 2 MTBs with the seat down so if you're wanting a trail buddy give me a shout!

markgenesis

Post by markgenesis » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:58 pm

Sorry guy's, passed the XM on today, it's now with a nice young guy from Lancashire, i did a swap with him for his E34 BMW (94 525i manual), really enjoyed my short time with the XM, was superb to drive and i really did think i'd keep it longer (certainly wasn't desperate to get rid of it) but fancied a BMW again.

I've always been restless with cars anyway.

The guy that has it now seems to love it, he has a really nice E28 BMW (80's 5 series) so is well versed with older cars so i'm sure it's in good hands, it's his first Citroen so i explained the suspension to him, how to jack the car up and to avoid Kwik Fit monkeys.

I recommended this forum to him for any help and advice as you guy's have been helpful to me which i've really appreciated ;)

Aerodynamica
Citrobics expert

Post by Aerodynamica » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:03 pm

:( Aww! thought you'd keep it.. was it a guy in RR who took it?