Cars that have passed through me... Some have stayed with me

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
citroenxm
Global Moderator

Cars that have passed through me... Some have stayed with me

Post by citroenxm » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:15 am

Sitting board more then anything after a week away. Was thinking about the cars that have passed through my hands..

I think I have pics of most of them...

Here is one that came earlyish on...

An M reg 2.0 Turbo CT Manual in Si trim level. Sold to XMCentral in scotland, who then sold it to a young lad... no prizes for guessing what he did with her!

This V6 SEi auto I bought ironically from rounnd the corner from where I Live now! It was cheap too, but the leather now in K Yog was soooo nice and soft. I then sold it locally to someone, of which ive lost contact and also the car too.

I did NOT strip this car down.

This SED Manual came to me the same time as the TCT Manual above came. Subsuquently bought by my landlord at the farm and only now 8 years later sold on to a forum member.

This Black Onyx run out TCT Auto was bought for £100 tax n tested from down cornwall... It drove home too..

eventually she got the full treatment... Leather, wood, alloys, electric armrest and LPG from another TCT that came in, but not sure if I got pics of it.. shall see..

Eventually I took the alloys off and armrest out, sold the car on which then sadly lost its life. The car had even had a 65k mile engine fitted to it aswell.. I DID NOT strip this car down..

This next one, a 2.1 TD Manual Base model, I bought locally from Rhyl, about 6 years ago.

The only full picture I took of the car. It was legal when I bought it with Tax and MOT and I drove it home. It drove well. Parked her up and left her for a while. I toyed with a resto, but the dreadded rot was in too much to do anything. She WAS a strip down to a shell in my shed.
Inside:

Well, we all know this one, a more recent car, bought to save from scrap, fitted a clutch and a check over showed little needed dooing.. Sold to Vince who still has her and has improved her more. A Base 2.1 Td manual, with manual seats and rear windows, it featured different seats to the J reg base model. I spec change from S1 to S1.5

Here, next we have a purchase made to save another. A 2.1 TD auto Base model, but was fitted with leather. High miles but a recent auto box recon, at the time 7 years ago my land lord bought the car for spares to back his up, thankfully he didnt use much off the car.

Car is still with me, and was subject to an SE conversion from the H reg SED below, but compatability showed up a lot. The car is still with me sitting around. Waiting the next stage of what ever Im going to do.

This next car, I got from Scotland, which it scraped through an MOT, but I drove her home and used it for a Year. A 2.1 SEd manual and ended up a complete strip down through internal and external rot.

Inside was immaculate..

This car I used to try and SE the L reg 2.1 td auto above, but ALL harness were different between models. Meaning complete transplant! UNFINISHED at this stage.

Here next, prehaps one of my most famous of XMs bought as one of my first not long after K Yog later on. my V6 24v Manual.

She has had lots of work too, gearbox swap, rear subframe mounts welded, cill welds etc etc.

Still with me and staying with me too....

Ok, and another of my famous cars, this is YOG, K120 YOG, V6 12v SEi Auto. Full spec. Bought about 8 years ago too, and still with me, and fitted with a Single Point LPG Kit too, which works.

This one has had the least amount of attention and work from me, yes she had an engine/box transplant after about 6 months due to an autobox slippage in 4th.. I also took the LPG kit off another green V6 auto that had a dead engine, sadly in my early days I kept very little off the donar car, not even any panels... but we live and learn. I also sourced an R134a Air Con setup from a Series 2 car, which I fitted to this car.. It now sits as a shed, awaiting a full resto. Theres lots of front end laqur peel but Im sure I have the panels for it, and Ive also got a very low milage engine and box in store too to go in.

More recently, this another famous car of mine that a lot will know: Rescued for a very cheap price of £200 I think, and a full resto, it is a 2.1 TD Manual SD Non ABS... it is of course K Ban.

This last pictured one, came to me on a special deal 2 years ago. A V6 24v Manual, identical to my H reg 24v Manual, needing a lot of body welding needing dooing, the work was on the cards to do aswell..

But as some now know, something else came along which changed plans for this car, and now, it sits less its engine waiting for me to decide what to do.

Of course, the car that changed plans after a two year resto... this car has just left me:

Now with its 2nd original owner and being loved again.

Others.
Others that have come and gone aswell as the V6 scrap car just mentioned above.
1. A 2.1 TD VSX Estate came to me, needing a rear boot lid - on an N plate, N447 EBY, sold initially to some one locally for a year. It then came back to me and I then sold it on to an occasional forum member.

2. A TCT Auto S2 Hatch came to me on an N plate IIRC, no pics though of the car it was a form of bronze in colour and donated the LPG kit to the Black Onyx above. It was a light strip down and was scrapped.

3. I bought a 2.1 SD auto I vaugely remember, I did the Cam belt on it, it was Manderin, and it had leather seats in it. I dont remember the car much, but I do remember, Sam Wise bought it from me.

These are XMs only that have been here. There is also a huge HOST of Xantias that have also passed my gate! But thats not for here.
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

raynoon
Could do a 2.1 headgasket
Orga / RP numbers: 6043

Re: Cars that have passed through me...

Post by raynoon » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:21 am

Did you go anywhere nice Paul? The red manual SED is a lovely colour.

If you're bored you should come look at my XM, best to email me or text for the next few hours as I'll be away from my iPad.
1993 Citroen XM 2.1 turboSD auto
1995 Citroen XM 2.1TD Auto EXCLUSIVE

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:25 am

We were in Saithes, north Yorshire Ray..

The Red SED is not the useual manderin either.

I MIGHT be going to the wirral next weekend.. Ill let you know as soon as I know.

Im going out now too, the boss is up now.. LOL

Others

Eddie nuff
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by Eddie nuff » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:19 pm

H566 KPM shows as being dead since 2007.
89 XM 2.0Si RP4788 (Gold)

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:33 pm

Thats about right Neil, it was about 7 years ago I was involved with it..

Others

jonathan_dyane
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by jonathan_dyane » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:05 pm

[quote="citroenxm"
I MIGHT be going to the wirral next weekend.. Ill let you know as soon as I know.
[/quote]

Ooh, if you are can you bring me that boot catch? If not I could pop over to Anglesey on my motorcycle on Saturday...
Jonathan.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Estate
1979 Citroen GS 1220 Club Estate
1999 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
1991 Kawasaki GT-550
1986 MZ ETZ 250

russ92xmsed
Global Moderator

Post by russ92xmsed » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Wow.. So many XM's. So many Mandarins! :lol:
Russ

1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5712
1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5705 (D)
Also
2003 C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive

I sell Engine bay, 1990 COTY, Total & Club XM Sticker Decals
http://www.rjwcreativedesign.co.uk

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:46 pm

Yea Boring eh Russ... hence my dislike for manderin!! :lol:

Others

russ92xmsed
Global Moderator

Post by russ92xmsed » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Rasp! I know. So popular.. Common as muck! I do love mandarin actually, but my grey one was so unusual and rare. I do miss it for that.
Russ

1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5712
1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5705 (D)
Also
2003 C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive

I sell Engine bay, 1990 COTY, Total & Club XM Sticker Decals
http://www.rjwcreativedesign.co.uk

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: Cars that have passed through me... Some have stayed wit

Post by citroenxm » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:50 pm

Yea one thing I like of K Ban, but she needs to go once done, theres too much value in her for me to keep and trash.. LOL

Others