K-BAN has a new home

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: K-BAN has a new home

Post by citroenxm » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:50 pm

NO IT SHOULDN'T LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: .... K Ban is an SD which is wearing the correct wheel trims!

Of course, the alloy option will be those, and CEO has got these on her already, and so, is correct for the year down to the wheels..
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

raynoon
Could do a 2.1 headgasket
Orga / RP numbers: 6043

Post by raynoon » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:28 pm

Yeah as Paul says, I already have wobbly webs on CEO and don't want the same wheels on both. I really like the standard wheel trims but I also like the Italia alloys too. As to which wheel I put on which car... I'm not sure yet, I'll see what both types of alloys look like on both cars and keep the steel wheels for winter tyres.

I'm considering buying a number plate J21 CEO, would that suit the Italia wheels better?
1993 Citroen XM 2.1 turboSD auto
1995 Citroen XM 2.1TD Auto EXCLUSIVE

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:37 pm

Why not the other way Ray, and change K21CEO to K__ BAN ... BANK numbers.. lol... :-D

Others

MTXM
Citroen God!

Post by MTXM » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:11 pm

I'm considering buying a number plate J21 CEO, would that suit the Italia wheels better?
That seems a bit drastic Ray! It just happens I have the opposite problem with a 1992 car wearing a 'G' plate, which looks like a standard number but includes the previous owners initials. Once I get my car back on the road I hope to reinstate the original 'K' number if still available. With regards, Matthew T.
1989 V6 Exclusive (Poland car) - Now living in a local Motor Museum!
1990 V6sei auto (grey auto)
1990 V6sei manual (gold car)
1990 V6.24 Pallas (Germany car)
1990 V6.24v (Scotland car)
Other previous XM sold and broken too many to mention!

raynoon

Post by raynoon » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:38 pm

citroenxm wrote:Why not the other way Ray, and change K21CEO to K__ BAN ... BANK numbers.. lol... :-D
I like the "21" as I feel it represents the engine size

raynoon

Post by raynoon » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:41 pm

[/quote]
That seems a bit drastic Ray! It just happens I have the opposite problem with a 1992 car wearing a 'G' plate, which looks like a standard number but includes the previous owners initials. Once I get my car back on the road I hope to reinstate the original 'K' number if still available. With regards, Matthew T.[/quote]

I was considering changing the plate anyway, J21 CEO and K21 CEO seems like a good combination

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Ahh yes why not ray.. be good to have a pair..

coincidentally I bought two xantias for repair... both were VSX but one was green one was maroone.. they were M seventy something TWR and I think M84 TWR ... The green M84 died and donated the engine.. where the maroone lived and went to scotland..

Others

raynoon

Post by raynoon » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:06 am

Yesterday evening, between jobs, I came home to swap cars, as I was shunting cars around I noticed K-BAN was leaking,
I don't know what's she's leaking, but I suspect it's from the drivers front wheel area.... Any initial thoughts? I noticed a steady stream of rainbow where I'd driven (photo 1) then a general area of drips where the drivers front wheel had been (photo 2) she's parked up now and I won't use her until I've found the source of the leak.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:15 am

Ohh nooo... first thing look under the front at the wheel and see if the drivers wheel is wet with fluid.. if so its a ood chance it will be a strut return hose thats split.. the only other suspect that leaks on the drivers side is the brake valve under the scuttle.. and it runs down the wheel arch and out but the useually only leak under breaking where a strut return would all the time..

Others

raynoon

Post by raynoon » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:11 pm

Panic over (for now) I don't think she's leaking, I had half an hour today so I went to investigate.
No leaks from the drivers wheel area, or so I thought... I noticed this pool of clear oily water. Fairly odourless so not diesel.
Wondered where it was coming from. Opened the bonnet and had a look around... The scuttle area drain holes looked to be holding crud, flushed some water through with the hose and hey presto! Oily water. Cleaned out the crud as much as possible without taking off the scuttle. Cleaned with de-greaser and rinsed through. When I came home yesterday it was during a heavy shower, so water would be flowing through, causing the oily mixture to leak out. I suspect something is leaking into there and causing the lining to deteriorate?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.