When I acquired this car there were a number of blown fuses in the passenger foot-well...
As most of the immediate tasks to getting it running had been finished it was time to look at the interior electrics.
The radio had been forcibly removed from the console breaking the radio, the console and the wiring. Hat-trick...
The wires dangling at the back of the radio set were all ripped out of the connector. Some were +12v live.
The connector was broken, but I was able to de-pin one I had on a scrap loom and utillise that. Note the connection wiring.
After fititng a replacement console radio section and radio, I went through all the fuses and changed any blown ones and refitted the correct current rating ones. 30A were in abundance...
The sound wasn't great, due to somewhat tired speakers, so
The aeriel had a bit of an issue having no electrical conductivity and also having been silicone'd in place. I have never previously seen a rusty XM roof.
After dealing with the rust an aeriel was fitted giving clear radio audio.
the original set was a Phillips, so I will look to install one...and also attempt to interface an MP3 player.
Due to the console having the electrically adjustable armrest it was a pain to remove and refit. However this then prompted me to look at wood, to be more precise, the wood dashboard and console trim, which had bleached by the sun and been water damaged when the car slumbered in the brambles.
The radio cover inside appeared to have survived unscathed due to staying dry and no direct sunlinght, so I used it as a comparison.
I waxed the rest of the wood. It could really do with stripping down, sanding, staining and sealing, but for now it has been tinted and waxed.