Some nice Cit pics...

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
chillmax
Knows how to use the parking brake

Some nice Cit pics...

Post by chillmax » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:56 pm

Inspired by Tony 'xmsadist' I think, to upload some of my cars, I'm not a big photo person, so I don't have a lot, but here goes...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chillmax

Re: Some nice Cit pics...

Post by chillmax » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:07 pm

and more...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

davetherave
Citrobics expert

Post by davetherave » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:12 pm

I have exactly the same interior as the above pic, although minus rear seats now (in the loft) i have taken them out ready to swap to lether!
Sadly my drivers seat bolster is well worn!
(95) 2.1TD XM Exclusive Silver RP: 6951
(87) 2.5td Cx
(01) Gpz500s

chillmax

Post by chillmax » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:15 pm

and even more...

chillmax

Post by chillmax » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:20 pm

davetherave wrote:I have exactly the same interior as the above pic, although minus rear seats now (in the loft) i have taken them out ready to swap to lether!
Sadly my drivers seat bolster is well worn!
That's a shame Dave, this really was lovley & very cosy, all heated too; I'd have these over leather any day.

JJ

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:47 pm

Nice cars, the Prestige is excellent.
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

chillmax

Post by chillmax » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:19 pm

Hi Robert

The interior shots are from this car to avoid any confusion; the gold one with no vinyl roof wasn't the car I was hoping for and I got rid quite quickly, the blue one I had for nealry 2 years, lovely car; although never quite the same after I replaced her gearbox ;-(

JJ

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:39 am

The Grey Velour is very nice and classy. You don't see many like that about.

My Prestige is rotten, and will take a lot of work to get MOTd let alone having it look as good as yours!
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

XMV6 sadist
Can find the S1 radio

Post by XMV6 sadist » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:05 am

Hi Justin

Good memories of the Silver XM. It was definitely the best buy (value wise etc...) of any one of my XMs. It drove beautifully too. Maybe I should have kept it and got the Black 24v.

I'm not sure whether the Mrs has ever got over you jumping out at the lights and offerring to buy the Silver V6 off her!

Tony

chillmax

Post by chillmax » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:56 pm

robert_e_smart wrote:The Grey Velour is very nice and classy. You don't see many like that about.

My Prestige is rotten, and will take a lot of work to get MOTd let alone having it look as good as yours!

Hi Robert

Although leather does look glamorous, I've always preferred a high spec velour, it's cosier, softer & so normally more comfortable, and you also get some sound dampening properties. Also in CX's the leather isn't heated as in some XM's making a winter morning rather shocking, and on a hot day the AC simply can't cool the cabin enough to render hot leather bearable - fabric wins again :D .

In your situation, if it's very bad, and you can't do it all or most of it yourself, I'd just save up your pennies & buy a nice one; in the medium term you'll probably end up spending less, and the time saved will be enormous - unless you want a 'project' that is!!

Good luck - Justin