Some nice Cit pics...

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
chillmax
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: Some nice Cit pics...

Post by chillmax » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:06 pm

XMV6 sadist wrote:Hi Justin

Good memories of the Silver XM. It was definitely the best buy (value wise etc...) of any one of my XMs. It drove beautifully too. Maybe I should have kept it and got the Black 24v.

I'm not sure whether the Mrs has ever got over you jumping out at the lights and offerring to buy the Silver V6 off her!

Tony
I've thought that ever since Tony, neither of us should have sold that Mk2 V6, it needed a little bit doing, and it didn't quite have the 24v oommff, but she seemed very reliable, smooth & comfortable, with that lovley houndstooth interior - she went to a very nice family though, so we spread the love ;-)

Well Debbie was adamant she wouldn't sell, but I got my way eventually :D

JJ

Jan-hendrik
XM Guru

Post by Jan-hendrik » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:23 am

It was a cloudy day so you can see what colour the car is :D
2000 XM 3.0 V6 24v Exclusive Auto Vert Vega - 86k km LHD RP8569

chillmax

Post by chillmax » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:50 pm

Looks nice Jan, I'm not allowed green cars, my Granny thinks they're unlucky, and won't get in them ;-)

By the way, my new XM is at about 27k miles, I think yours is about 32k miles, so just beat you there :D ;) :o

Jan-hendrik
XM Guru

Post by Jan-hendrik » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:17 pm

By the way, my new XM is at about 27k miles, I think yours is about 32k miles, so just beat you there :D ;) :o
That's OK. However, by a different calculation, when I got my new XM a little over two and a half years ago it had 22k miles, so I just beat you there :mrgreen:

minijet
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by minijet » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:37 pm

chillmax wrote:I'm not allowed green cars, my Granny thinks they're unlucky, and won't get in them ;-)
Nonsense, just a silly superstition. I've got a green XM and it's not been unlucky at all........

......well......apart from the time I left the handbrake off and it rolled into a gate post damaging the front bumper.

But apart from that......oh, and the time I forgot that I had the trailer on and put the car in reverse, jack-knifing the trailer and denting the rear wing.

but other than that..........oh, and, changing the wipers a couple of weeks back, the wiper arm sprung back and cracked the windscreen.

:(.........

Fingers crossed, I'll have better luck with the white one......... :?

Paul

Last edited by minijet on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:57 pm

Lovely CX
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

chillmax

Post by chillmax » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:40 pm

minijet wrote:.
chillmax wrote:I'm not allowed green cars, my Granny thinks they're unlucky, and won't get in them ;-)
Nonsense, just a silly superstition. I've got a green XM and it's not been unlucky at all........

......well......apart from the time I left the handbrake off and it rolled into a gate post damaging the front bumper.

But apart from that......oh, and the time I forgot that I had the trailer on and put the car in reverse, jack-knifing the trailer and denting the rear wing.

but other than that..........oh, and, changing the wipers a couple of weeks back, the wiper arm sprung back and cracked the windscreen.

:(.........

Fingers crossed, I'll have better luck with the white one......... :?

Hilarious Paul - Superb comic timing ;-)

Paul

chillmax

Post by chillmax » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:43 pm

Jan-hendrik wrote:
That's OK. However, by a different calculation, when I got my new XM a little over two and a half years ago it had 22k miles, so I just beat you there :mrgreen:

Damn you Jan - I'll get you one day, maybe not tomorrow or the day after, but one day soon, and just when you're not looking I'll buy every low mileage XM left in the world & refuse to sell any of them to you, then my revenge will be complete, until then I need my beauty sleep, it's tough being an evil genius you know!

JJ

ds21

Post by ds21 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi, just wondered if the CX Prestige was the on which had a front end accident fairly recently?

Jan-hendrik
XM Guru

Post by Jan-hendrik » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:41 pm

Damn you Jan - I'll get you one day, maybe not tomorrow or the day after, but one day soon, and just when you're not looking I'll buy every low mileage XM left in the world & refuse to sell any of them to you, then my revenge will be complete, until then I need my beauty sleep, it's tough being an evil genius you know!

JJ
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BTW, my wife often calls me JJ :D My full initials are JJHB :!: