End of the Long Sleep

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Re: End of the Long Sleep

Post by Peter.N. » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:34 pm

Ah, I misunderstood. Sorry John.

Paul

I should obviously have spoken to you first. The first one has a leaking steering rack but it only leaks very slowly so I carry a bottle of LDS with me but only topped it up once in 1000 miles, the other one appears to be OK. There is a firm 'up north' that will collect, refurbish and deliver back for 180 pound so didn't think that was to bad.

The most recent one seems to have a faulty electric seat switch which you don't seem to be able to get but there is a complete seat base on ebay for not to much money.

I look forward to all those potential faults. :shock: but they do drive nicely. 8-) Mine are estates but seem to have a fair bit of room in them, certainly a lot more than the Merc C220 estate I had which also had a dreadful ride.

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:18 pm

Dieselman is correct, no C5, only XM's and right about this one passing the MOT.
I omitted to mention in the earlier post that this car was moved and changed to my ownership during its long SORN sleep.

I am working on this one because of the way my store was stowed, last one in had to be first one out.
The other dry stored cars will have to wait a while as I need to use the newly generated empty workshop space.
Have some open stored cars that are long overdue to collect and process.

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:23 pm

Sorry John, I thought perhaps I had that wrong.

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset