HDi in the house.

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
Ciaran
Site Admin
Orga / RP numbers: 1234

Re: HDi in the house.

Post by Ciaran » Thu May 14, 2009 12:10 pm

I was told I was a bit young to be driving XMs when I had my first one at 19, now at 26 I'm getting on a bit :lol: but I have to say the current crop of usual VAG scrap and hot hatches my generation seems to be forever hung up on do nothing for me...

Ciarán

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Thu May 14, 2009 1:07 pm

Being a year younger than Ciaran, the first car I ever bought was a CX Athena in 2006. Needless to say my peers thought I was nuts, but thought that the CX was really cool.

I remember buying my 2.0 Si at the same time as my cousin's husband bought a new Vectra in 2007, I took them out for a spin in it and my cousin asked her husband why their car couldn't be as comfortable!

Totally agree with Ciaran, VAG Group crap and BMW 3 series do not appeal to me at all. Awful cars!
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

demag
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by demag » Sat May 16, 2009 10:03 pm

My lad bought a C4 coupe a couple of months back 1.6 hdi. The suspension is VERY firm, and crashy in the back. The front seats are nice though and the centre dash is good as well. I do like the shape, almost classic Citroen a la CX. One thing I do NOT like are the large thick windscreen pillars which very effectively block your front three quarters vision. I found that very distracting when I drove it and double checked every junction before I pulled out. It was like driving with a pair of blinkers on (not that I've ever done that :lol: ). For a 1600 though it has oodles of power and averages 50 to the gallon around town! 60 ish on a run. Under the bonnet there's a big plastic cover on the left, a big plastic cover on the right and an even bigger plastic cover over the engine. :( Obviously not designed for the diyer. Trying to get out of the thing from a back seat takes an incredible effort and makes me appreciate even more my love for big roomy 4 door motors. :lol:
2.5td......Now sold.
BX1.6TXS
Fiat Multipla 115Elx Jtd (Not quite standard!)

Dave.

onthecut
Citrobics expert

Post by onthecut » Mon May 18, 2009 8:19 am

demag wrote:My lad bought a C4 coupe a couple of months back 1.6 hdi. The suspension is VERY firm, and crashy in the back. The front seats are nice though and the centre dash is good as well. I do like the shape, almost classic Citroen a la CX. One thing I do NOT like are the large thick windscreen pillars which very effectively block your front three quarters vision. I found that very distracting when I drove it and double checked every junction before I pulled out. It was like driving with a pair of blinkers on (not that I've ever done that :lol: ). For a 1600 though it has oodles of power and averages 50 to the gallon around town! 60 ish on a run. Under the bonnet there's a big plastic cover on the left, a big plastic cover on the right and an even bigger plastic cover over the engine. :( Obviously not designed for the diyer. Trying to get out of the thing from a back seat takes an incredible effort and makes me appreciate even more my love for big roomy 4 door motors. :lol:
Hi Dave.

PM d you again re. collecting the rack; the system is obviously a bit patchy. If you mail me directly --- onthecutATtiscali.co.uk, I'll give you a call.

Cheers, Mike.

rowanmoor
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by rowanmoor » Mon May 18, 2009 12:26 pm

demag wrote:One thing I do NOT like are the large thick windscreen pillars which very effectively block your front three quarters vision. I found that very distracting when I drove it and double checked every junction before I pulled out. It was like driving with a pair of blinkers on (not that I've ever done that :lol: ).
Sounds normal for a more recent car. I believe it is because it is safer in a crash. You know, that crash you have because you can't see what is in front of you at a junction because of the bad visibility :lol:
Rowan

94M XM 2.5 TD VSX Estate RP 6430 Forest Green

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Mon May 18, 2009 1:39 pm

rowanmoor wrote:Sounds normal for a more recent car. I believe it is because it is safer in a crash.
You know, that crash you have because you can't see what is in front of you at a junction because
of the bad visibility :lol:
:lol: So true though!!

I think the C4 is alright but it's screaming out for hydractive. It doesn't need Xantia Activa
anti roll mind as the C4's suspension is rigid enough as it is not to need it... :roll:

Andrew