Yipee !! New MOT.

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
onthecut
Citrobics expert

Yipee !! New MOT.

Post by onthecut » Mon May 18, 2009 11:18 am

Oh yes ---- the annual half hour of torment over and shiny new MOT in hand.

Not too bad really, just advisories on tiny bit of play in tie rod end; tiny bit in front wheel bearing and RH handbrake a tad lower than LH.

Given 160k odd miles and the fact it all looks pretty original, I'm not going to grumble.

Mike.

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Re: Yipee !! New MOT.

Post by Peter.N. » Mon May 18, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi Mike

Well done with the MOT. I have four to do :o I am hoping to get the white estate on the road when the tax runs out on the green one one. Our local garage man got married last week end and we let him put a marquee in our field for the reception, so I'm hoping for free MOT's for the next ten years. :D

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Mon May 18, 2009 1:28 pm

It's so bad with me I get a Christmas card every year from my MOT guy! :lol: :roll:

Still worse than going to the dentist though, no matter how good the car
or confident I feel about it passing. It's the intangibles like emissions and
brakes that I have no real way of gauging. He must've had a new piece of
measuring kit in recently as EVERY car is now failing for headlight beam
being too low!! Right pita...

Andrew

onthecut
Citrobics expert

Post by onthecut » Mon May 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi Guys.

It's the emissions that concern me, too -- especially with the semi electronic aspect of the XM, which renders any adjustment pretty much impossible. Only vague consolation is I seem to be seeing more and more quite new cars chucking the smoke out, so clearly the electrics aren't doing the business for them, either.
Didn't realise you could fail for lamps too low -- still, at least adjustment is easy on the XM. Have to say the place I use is pretty good and if I have any issues with brakes, they are quite happy to pop it on the rollers inbetween tests for diagnosis.

Peter -- your tester will be too kn******d to do your tests if he only got married last week !!

Mike.