My account keeps going away

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
ekaftan
Knows how to use the parking brake

My account keeps going away

Post by ekaftan » Tue May 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi. For some strange reason I have to register again every day, my account keeps disapearing. Is this normal? Or is mi acount getting deleted?

Thanks.

Ciaran
Site Admin
Orga / RP numbers: 1234

Re: My account keeps going away

Post by Ciaran » Tue May 26, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi,

Apologies, we've been hit with a deluge of spam registrations this past few weeks, and it seems your account looks similar to a lot of those (due to the makeup of your email address, and the fact you had no posts), made it look like you were a spammer, so we've been mistakenly deleting / banning you.... Sorry! :oops: :lol:

Ciarán

ekaftan
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by ekaftan » Tue May 26, 2009 10:33 pm

Ciaran wrote:Hi,

Apologies, we've been hit with a deluge of spam registrations this past few weeks, and it seems your account looks similar to a lot of those (due to the makeup of your email address, and the fact you had no posts), made it look like you were a spammer, so we've been mistakenly deleting / banning you.... Sorry! :oops: :lol:

Ciarán
oops :)

No problem. Thanks!

(you should enable email verification)

Ciaran
Site Admin
Orga / RP numbers: 1234

Post by Ciaran » Tue May 26, 2009 10:59 pm

Unfortunately email verification doesn't make much difference, the spambots go and signup Gmail / Hotmail accounts, and actually activate the accounts like a legitimate user! :o

Ciarán