Hello

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
bobhalliday
Has changed a sphere or two

Re: Hello

Post by bobhalliday » Thu May 21, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi Ciaran.
Congratulations on your starting up a new forum. I joined a couple of days ago when I first heard of it and sent details to Roy Mackay who has now joined too.
I didn't know you had a 'hello' page but was looking for an introduction page when I found this one. I am glad you did start this forum, I did offer Chris the services of my expert from Sweden for free but heard nothing from him. She said all the content could have been 'slid over' into a better database.
Getting some of the most important content back would be good but if there is enough old hands in here it should be posible to start all over again because most jobs are remembered nearly forever after they are succesfully completed,especially the real hard ones!
Regards.
Bob.
1996 Admiral Blue XM from New RP6612 N***YBL
1992 Green XM estate as stand-by. RP5623
We are all Falkirk 'Bairns'

I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel, but it's an express train coming this way!!!!
--

Gone, but never forgotten.

Ciaran
Site Admin
Orga / RP numbers: 1234

Post by Ciaran » Thu May 21, 2009 1:56 pm

Hello there Bob, fancy seeing you here! :D

I understand now that beyond initial posts in XM-L, FCF, Aussiefrogs etc, and word of mouth, we didn't really go all out promoting the place too much, and have found that several regular members have only discovered the site in recent days, an oversight on our part perhaps!

With regard to Club-XM, I do believe attempts are ongoing to recover it. The name of this site will be changing soon to another one, to avoid any confusion, should the other site return.

Glad to see you here :)

Ciarán

jonathan_dyane
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by jonathan_dyane » Thu May 21, 2009 8:44 pm

Apologies to all and sundry for my disappearing act; following my last post I went to Latvia for a few days and promptly forgot my password :oops:

Progress of sorts occurring with the BX situation, I now have most of the parts accumulated to sort it and hope to get that up and running next month. If things go to plan I might just be in the market for an XM round about new year :)
Jonathan.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Estate
1979 Citroen GS 1220 Club Estate
1999 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
1991 Kawasaki GT-550
1986 MZ ETZ 250

nirgunapa
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by nirgunapa » Mon May 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Finally found where you are all hiding!

And yes I a still looking for am XM but most of those that come up locally are estates or automatics.
Do I really want an estate? I certainly don't want an automatic having only ever driven a Volvo 245 with one for a weekend.
I didn't enjoy the experience :-(

Hopefully something will turn up soon......

cheers

Colin
Colin

1992 XM Prestige
1999 Skoda Felicia - the wife's new drive
1959 Commer Cob - SORN
1952 Riley RMA - retirement project

2001 Volvo S80 - for sale soon