Hello

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
rowanmoor
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: Hello

Post by rowanmoor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:52 am

One of the good things about the old board was the fact that there was a good amount of banter and friendly chat so people felt at home and amongst friends. However, that doesn't mean it has to be messy.

Perhaps just keeping general banter to a suitable area, and keeping the banter in threads on topic.
Rowan

94M XM 2.5 TD VSX Estate RP 6430 Forest Green

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:57 am

citroenxm wrote: Im never far away either, I get on in my lunch break, and at tea breaks, and can get on anytime at weekends, either at home or at my parents.. ;)
Same for me. I have a 3G dongle for my laptop when out and about as well....
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:57 am

I couldn't agree more, but the USEFULL info needs to be kept together for others to find it ...

8-)

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi Paul

I like the FCF system of putting up a warning flag for posts when they first start to go off subject.

John

Ciaran
Site Admin
Orga / RP numbers: 1234

Post by Ciaran » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:25 pm

CitroJim wrote: I'm planning to upgrade the FCF and BXC to phpBB3 in the near future Ciarán. In fact I've been planning to do it "in the near future" for about a year now :roll: I've done several trial off-line conversions on the FCF and BXC and each time all has gone smoothly.
I know what you mean, I used to plan on doing stuff all the time, its easier said than done when you have loads of users online, trying to shoehorn it in for about 4 in the morning, trying to do it while worse for wear etc, drunken SQL queries FTW :lol: (ok maybe not :D)
Our current phpBB2 has a few anti-spambot MODS and these work brilliantly well. The one thing that has delayed me upgrading is my confidence that phpBB3 offers the same level of anti-spambot protection. Have you put any MODS in place or is it running "out of the box"?
Its flat and out of the box besides a few minor settings changes at the moment. I must have a look at the mods once its stable, I recall a few excellent one from the PhpBB2 years, and that was some time ago now. I hadn't even thought about anti-spam, as we're too new to have been graced by the bots, but that will change no doubt! :o
I'd be grateful for your experience and wisdom in this area Ciarán 8-) It's grate this board is up and running as nowe I have a chance to really use a phpBB3 board for the first time.
Not a bother at all, if I can be of any help just let me know :-)
How are you handling images on here? Are you allowing us to embed them?
Default settings at the moment, its turned on, I can't see any reason to turn it off. One thing that's not working for some reason is the avatar function, despite being enabled, currently doing a Columbo on the cause of that one!
As for content, I'm sure we'll soon get it well filled. I have loads, besides the 4HP20, I can contribute.
That 4HP20 almost needs a forum all in its own right! :lol:

Ciarán

Ciaran
Site Admin

Post by Ciaran » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:26 pm

You volunteering for the job of moderator Paul?

Careful what you wish for! :mrgreen:

Ciarán

DerekW

Post by DerekW » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Congratulations Ciaran, thank you for your hard work in setting up this site :D

Derek
2000 V6 Exclusive, black. RP 8362
2004 C3 Exclusive Sensodrive,the wife's. She doesn't like it.
1995 ZX 1.8 auto, the latest replacement, she loves ZX's. Peace at last.

demag

Post by demag » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Hello everyone :D

So this is home then. I would have been here sooner but couldn't remember the address :oops: and had to wait for FCF to come back online to get it!
2.5td......Now sold.
BX1.6TXS
Fiat Multipla 115Elx Jtd (Not quite standard!)

Dave.

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:09 pm

demag wrote:and had to wait for FCF to come back online to get it!
Sorry :oops: That had to wait for me to get home from work and have serious words with the router...

I was going to suggest a transmission forum might not be a bad idea Ciarán. Maybe even an automatic section. Dean has all his 4HP18 material for it..
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

Ciaran
Site Admin

Post by Ciaran » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Ok, will add a generic transmission forum now, and we can rationalise it later.

I'd like to enter some discussion maybe tonight about how the forums should be sectioned. I suspect a lot of the main content posters / technical advice givers, e.g John, Peter, Paul, Derek, Dean, and yourself (if I missed anyone sorry!) etc, will know better about that than me.

Ciarán