Hello

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
Ciaran
Site Admin
Orga / RP numbers: 1234

Re: Hello

Post by Ciaran » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:43 pm

Welcome along Jonathan :D

I see you've already sampled the BX, and being here, your ownership of an XM is imminient, we have ways, plus you know Paul :lol:

Ciarán

jonathan_dyane
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by jonathan_dyane » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:55 am

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Paul has already had me tempted with the 2.0 Turbo, but I'm really more a diesel man TBH, and if I scored a series 1.5 diesel the Bosch pump would be handy for the old WVO...

I shall have to make some fleet changes before I can get an XM, so it may be some months but I am keen! Will have to conquer my fear of electronics I guess, which I have always regarded with some suspicion, and I guess the reason that I never considered an XM in the past was that I thought the added complication wasn't worth the added potential hassle, but that was before I rode in Paul's car and was extremely impressed with both the ride and the car generally in terms of aesthetics and accommodation. It's all his fault!
Jonathan.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Estate
1979 Citroen GS 1220 Club Estate
1999 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
1991 Kawasaki GT-550
1986 MZ ETZ 250

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:07 pm

Welcome Jonathan!!

What of the Turbo with the LPG injection!!???

Good diesels are getting thin on the ground unless you are not frightened of milage!

Get a S1.5, the Diodes in the electro vales seem to last better.. in all the S1.5's Ive had NONE have been bad, but the S2 cars DO suffer from it a lot.. also as you know the S1.5, as I put it elsewere, have S1 originality, with S2 electrics!

Electrics are EASY! :lol:

Regards
Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

Ciaran
Site Admin

Post by Ciaran » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:57 pm

I must say I agree with Paul on the electrics front, though XMs sometimes have a fearsome reputation on the electrics front, in reality though some subsystems have electronics in them, in essence the links between them are actually fairly straightforward, and certainly very simple when you compare them to a modern car for example.

Really there's nothing you can't do to them, especially with the backup and assistance you have access to here :)

Plus Paul told me earlier he was happy to go round and fix it for you everytime it breaks, honest! :lol:

Ciarán

rowanmoor
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by rowanmoor » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:16 pm

It's funny how the XM still has a reputation for rocket-science electronics.

When it first came out it was unusually electronics heavy, and there were the 'issues' with earths etc that caused problems. At the time people said how it made the car over complicated and unreliable and what a terrible thing it was.

Move on a decade or two and now cars won't even open the door or beep the horn if the electrics don't like you and you can't change anything without re-programming the ECU to accept it and yet somehow this is not a bad thing and is not over complicated or unreliable.

Modern cars make the XM look so simple - yet there is still that reputation for complicated electronics.
Rowan

94M XM 2.5 TD VSX Estate RP 6430 Forest Green

charlie
XM newbie

Post by charlie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:40 pm

well well well

so this is where youve all been hiding

its nice to see an xm forum up and running again

so well done one and all

8-)

mackay1
XM newbie

Post by mackay1 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:24 pm

Hi everyone,

Congratulations and thanks to Ciaran and others who've stepped into the breach created by the loss of the much loved club-xm.com forum. I'm afraid I've only just discovered your new creation - but better late than never. I don't see a section for new members to introduce themselves so hopefully I'm posting in the right place. No evidence of Norrie so far. Does anyone know if he'll be joining us here too?

I'll have good read at the existing posts over the next few days and hopefully make some contributions.

Cheers

Roy Mackay
Kelso, Scottish Borders

'96 'N' 2.5TD Exclusive Hatch, Magenta, RP 6958

steelcityuk
Citrobics expert

Post by steelcityuk » Wed May 20, 2009 7:37 am

Hi Roy,

Just the one XM now?

Steve.
XM 2.1 SED K Plate - RP5876
Scenic 1.5 dCi 100
Gone -
Scenic 1.9 dCi 130 FAP
Prius T Spirit
XM S2 TCT Exclusive Hatch LPG
XM S2 2.5 VSX Estate
XM S2 2.1 VSX Hatch
Xantia 110 HDi Exclusive
Pug 405 GTX TD

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Wed May 20, 2009 9:11 am

Hi Roy

Pleased you have found us. PeterN has let Norrie know what we are doing.
Hopefully things have been structured in such a way that he does not find a problem with joining us.
As the old site was dying I put up a post that might interest you about 2.5 injector nozzels.
I was going through the Peugeot 605 workshop manuals I won on ebay for 2.5 engine info.
They had a bit on the injectors that was very different to the Citroen workshop manual.
In essence the 312 or 316 nozzels are to be fitted to all 4 injectors as a set.
The 312's were for general use while the 316's were to meet the requirements of the German market only.
My guess is that the 316's are modified to suit sustained autobahn high speed use.
Have just bought a new sensor injector from AEP so will see what is fitted to it when it comes.

Regards

John

Ciaran
Site Admin

Post by Ciaran » Wed May 20, 2009 10:01 pm

Good to see you Charlie and Roy :)

C