Lets decorate.......

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Re: Lets decorate.......

Post by citroenmad » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:30 pm

I do like your Silver estate, thats very nice 8-)

A readers rides type thing would be a nice addition yep, will look forward to that appearing. :)
DerekW wrote:Hi Broyty, that's a nice lineup. I see the green 'un has suffered the usual bumper scrape, the problem of having no idea where the invisible front of a long bonnet is. :cry:

One of the unsung benefits of the DS design was that semicircular front end in plan view, if you missed an obstacle with the nose it was almost impossible to scrape the sides :D

Derek
Indeed, most Xms seem to suffer the parking rash to the front bumpers, it can be a tricky thing to get to know the size of at first.
C5s i find much more easier, the end is out of sight but it seems much easier to judge. Thats probably because im used to the Xm mind :)
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
S2 Xantia Exclusive 2.0HDi 110 Estate - Mauritius Blue
S1 Xantia 2.0TCT Activa - Silver
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

CCC Xantia Files Columnist.

Aerodynamica
Citrobics expert

Post by Aerodynamica » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:06 pm

citroenmad wrote:One of my recent ones:

- that white one looks awesome! I know some people have a thing against white cars but I think the Xm looks great in white - especially since the XM seems to come in such dull and murky colours. The white one also has the cool wheels.

@Broyty, the XM on the right in your third photo would be a good one for Rastas!
1993 Xantia 1.9 TD VSX 'Auld Katy' Mk1 'sinker'

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Graeme,

Replace that BX of yours with a XM! You know it makes sense, keep your CX company!

Might as well docorate too!

citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Post by citroenmad » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:20 pm

Very nice pictures Robert, really like the interior in your s1, very smart 8-)
Aerodynamica wrote:
that white one looks awesome! I know some people have a thing against white cars but I think the Xm looks great in white - especially since the XM seems to come in such dull and murky colours. The white one also has the cool wheels.
Thank you, i have to agree. One of the reasons i like Xms in white so much is that Xms are often seen in dowdy colours, which does little to show the shape of the car off. White with the black trim sets the car off nicely in my opinion. Shame the manual Xm isnt white too ....
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
S2 Xantia Exclusive 2.0HDi 110 Estate - Mauritius Blue
S1 Xantia 2.0TCT Activa - Silver
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

CCC Xantia Files Columnist.

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Yes very nice cars Robert, very gratefull for the photo's of both your electric arm rests 8-) 8-) it shows that the MK1 doesnt have the rubber strip around the underside of the lip, which explains why i had to remove mine to get it to fit ;)

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

Ciaran
Site Admin
Orga / RP numbers: 1234

Post by Ciaran » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:20 pm

Totally agree with the white XM comments, its one of the very few cars which looks great in that colour, good contrast with it.

Ciarán

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:03 pm

White series 1 Xantias also look very fetching in my opinion!

Thanks for the compliments. The grey XM is my classic car for this summer as the CX has not MOT, also its its 20th Birthday this year, manufactured in Dec 1989.

Dean, the series 1 doesn't have the rubber around the armrest because the guy that I bought the electronic armrest mechanism from didn't supply the rubber bit.

I have fitted the electronic armrests to both of these cars. The S2 has the rubber from the car that I removed the armrest mechanism for. It doesn't make a great difference, but the rubber surround makes it a bit tidier in my opinion. I think the rubber is standard fit for these electric armrests.
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

Aerodynamica
Citrobics expert

Post by Aerodynamica » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:41 pm

Replace that BX of yours with a XM! You know it makes sense, keep your CX company!
Hi Robert, it's funny you should say that - I'd love an XM but for myself it would have to be a series 1 or 1.5 in a light colour with a petrol engine converted to autogas. Preferably a higher spec SEi type.. so it's a bit specific!

I am biding my time though..

It should be remembered that my BX is a Mark 1 BX and hence, the coolest of all the BXes ever 8-)

It is however, up for sale at present - provisionally sold too- if it wasn't for DVLA not returning the V5 for the last change to my name. I think it's time to call them..

G
1993 Xantia 1.9 TD VSX 'Auld Katy' Mk1 'sinker'

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:13 am

The coolest of all BXs has to be the BX Digit. What a superb dashboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2k4ajC4 ... re=related

You'll join the XM fold yet Graeme, I have confidence in that.

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:54 am

Aerodynamica wrote:
Hi Robert, it's funny you should say that - I'd love an XM but for myself it would have to be a series 1 or 1.5 in a light colour with a petrol engine converted to autogas. Preferably a higher spec SEi type.. so it's a bit specific!

I am biding my time though..

It should be remembered that my BX is a Mark 1 BX and hence, the coolest of all the BXes ever 8-)

It is however, up for sale at present - provisionally sold too- if it wasn't for DVLA not returning the V5 for the last change to my name. I think it's time to call them..

G
Aerodynamica,

I have a choice for you.... A S1.5 1994 M reg 2.oi Turbo with Gas injection... (Black) awaiting a heart transplant to make her perfect
OR A S1.5 1993 K reg 3.oi 12v Auto with single point gas system. (green, scruffy) T and T'd but needs work to make perfect.. grab me while im in the mood, you may get a bargain ! ;)

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive