I found you

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
Ciaran
Site Admin
Orga / RP numbers: 1234

Re: I found you

Post by Ciaran » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:22 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry only just saw this. I'll try and get a links page up in the near future. The site is due to undergo a rename and proper design soon really, has just been getting the time to do it.

Andrew do you mean the 'Content Management' forum? Or is it another one you're referring to? Sorry if its very obvious, am pretty tired tonight :lol:

Ciarán

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:21 pm

Hi Ciarán,

I was thinking the admin "content management" pane. It strikes me as odd at the very top there with it not actually
the read this first/rules and how to's for newcomers but an area I assume was something where everyone logged in
so to speak from the old site; not something that's now on the radar with the site here finding its feet and contributors
again. Couldn't the first spot in pole position at the top be a bit more relevant now especially to newbies? That's all I
was wondering...

Incidentally, give me some kind of ground rules for a new site header and I'm sure myself or anyone else who's up for it
can have a fettle with that very sexy phpBB lairy blue masthead - with or without the old new name.

Personally, I'd say the old site has been forgotten now so this site's name should stay! What's the point in another
irritating redirect screen and/or everyone learning a new URL and bookmark. If the classic mag that Peter had a
part in mentions this forum as well as Wiki showing it, why change anything now?

Andrew

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:37 am

Ok then, how about just an "introductions" section near the top of the home screen where newcomers
or past 'lost' friends refinding us here can say "hi" and chatter about their favourite choice of car!? 8-)

Andrew

Ciaran
Site Admin
Orga / RP numbers: 1234

Post by Ciaran » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:04 am

HI Andrew,

Sorry I haven't got to this yet, had one of them (few) weeks. Will try and work on it today and organise the forum names a bit better.

Ciarán

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi All

From a quick flip through in Smiths I thought the Classic mag just gave the Club-XM not any web extension.

On advertising us I have now sent a third time to CCC about the changes and how to find us.
Got a response first time saying it would be published but nothing seen since.
I have put this down to a recent change of XM correspondent, time will tell.

On the website name issue the name is all important to those non members searching for XM information.
Bob's six months to find us proves that. In this respect Club-XM is an incredibily poor choice of name.

John