Sadly gone but not forgotten.

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
demag
Knows how to use the parking brake

Sadly gone but not forgotten.

Post by demag » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:58 pm

I'm sorry to have to report that recent events have conspired against me and the Xm is now sold. A lovely man from the North East is the new owner and I have pointed him in this direction. He is very enthusiastic about the car and drove it the 200 odd miles home without a hitch. He says he hopes to keep it for a long time. I hope he does as well. He should be ok with it as I had done a lot of work to it already. It wasn't perfect but it was in reasonable nick and should go for a few more years yet. I still have the BX and I have informed swmbo that it is going nowhere in the foreseeable future. I have another motor to replace the Xm, a Fiat Multipla :) It is already endearing itself to me and is a nice motor. But to normal motorists it is in the same vein as the Xm...................odd. :lol:

I'm sorry if this has upset anyone, hopefully one day I will have another Xm but it won't be for a while yet I'm afraid. I hope it's ok if I still login here. It really is like second home. A place full of charming, friendly, witty people. The fact that the Xm is still in good hands part makes up for having to let it go and I'm fairly confident its future is safe.
2.5td......Now sold.
BX1.6TXS
Fiat Multipla 115Elx Jtd (Not quite standard!)

Dave.

Dean
Global Moderator

Re: Sadly gone but not forgotten.

Post by Dean » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Well since you still have the BX i guess its ok for you to stay :lol: , hope there were no major probs that led to a forced decision.
A multipla hey............................i quite like them, but dont tell anyone :shock: :D

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

Ciaran
Site Admin
Orga / RP numbers: 1234

Post by Ciaran » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:39 pm

Sorry you had to let it go Dave.

I was in a similar situation myself a few years ago, had to get rid of the XM, though it was always my intention to get another, so I stuck around on XM-L and the like (Club-XM didn't exist at the time). I never could leave 'the scene', and it was great to keep in touch with everyone, knowing that I'd eventually own another.

I hope you can stick around :)

Ciarán

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:22 pm

What are you going to talk about Dave? :D
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Post by citroenmad » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:03 pm

The Northeast hey, do you know where abouts? I may well see it about, not sure if there are many Xm forum members from around here?

What model and colour was it, ill keep my eyes open :D

Shame you had to let it go, but it seems to have found a nice new home.
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
S2 Xantia Exclusive 2.0HDi 110 Estate - Mauritius Blue
S1 Xantia 2.0TCT Activa - Silver
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

CCC Xantia Files Columnist.

demag

Post by demag » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Hello All,

Sorry for the brief disappearance. I had a week in Cornwall with swmbo. I took my laptop hoping to keep in touch but where we were staying there was no coverage of any sort, had to walk to the top of a nearby hill to get a mobile network! It was a nice break though. Citroenmad, the chaps name is Jeff and he lives in Seaham (I think! :? ) Car is N reg 2.5td metallic maroon.

Peter I still have the BX or can waffle on about Fiats :mrgreen:
2.5td......Now sold.
BX1.6TXS

Dave.

mouseflakes

Post by mouseflakes » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:02 pm

We've had a Multipla for three years now - the old toady-looking type, a turbo diesel. Absolutely love it to bits. A brave, left-field design that really works.
Tim

1969 R16 GL - welding up
1978 R30 TS - resting up
1996 Saxo D - commuting up (?)

demag

Post by demag » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:39 pm

Yes I really like it Mouseflakes. A little bit underpowered after the Xm, but the space is incredible! How do they find all that room inside?!! It's 2 feet shorter than the Xm but there's oodles of room. I've just done 800 miles and the last 250 at an average of 63mph and 43mpg. Not bad for a big square lump with a 1.9 diesel under the bonnet. And it has one thing the Xm doesn't, headlamps!! :mrgreen: They are SOOO impressive. Main beam has to be seen to be believed!
2.5td......Now sold.
BX1.6TXS

Dave.

onthecut
Citrobics expert

Post by onthecut » Fri May 01, 2009 7:43 am

Hi Dave

Still up for your new rack, if you still want to sell. Did PM you, but maybe the system isn't functioning yet.

Mike.

demag

Post by demag » Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am

Oh, ok Mike. I haven't got any pm's listed.

I will pm you and we can sort something out.
2.5td......Now sold.
BX1.6TXS

Dave.