Xantia Fuel Pump Relay

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
onthecut
Citrobics expert

Xantia Fuel Pump Relay

Post by onthecut » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:58 pm

Gentlemen -- just a quickie, so to speak. Early 1800 injection Xantia (93 ish) --- anyone know if there is a fuel pump relay fitted and, if so, where ?

Mike.

andmcit
XM Guru

Re: Xantia Fuel Pump Relay

Post by andmcit » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi Mike.

On the driver's wing where the injection ECU lives there's whst the factory workshop manual
refers to as "an injection multi function double relay". No fuel pump relay as south though. I'd
have a good close look at the power 'consumer unit' distribution box behind the main battery
as the main fuses/feeds start here. There's always the possibility of a duff fuel pump in the
tank or the immobiliser pad giving grief.

Andrew

onthecut
Citrobics expert

Re: Xantia Fuel Pump Relay

Post by onthecut » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:14 am

Andrew.

Thanks for that. Will have a look at the state of all the contacts and so forth. Problem is that it's daughter's car, who is normally a couple of hundred miles away and it is starting to show intermittent cold starting problems. Only comparison I have is an early 2.0 XM I had, where it was a dicky relay giving very similar symptoms. Also considering a duff temp. sensor perhaps -- hopefully the Autodata disc will have the appropriate values for test. What gives out with the key pad ? Never had any bother with mine, even though some of the buttons have had a pretty horrible squidgy feel. Did you get sorted for you rear arm, by the way ?

Mike.