Im going to break the rules!!!

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
Dean
Global Moderator

Im going to break the rules!!!

Post by Dean » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:25 pm

In so much as im going to post a non Xm related topic in the anything goes chat forum, yes i know its not the done thing :D but today i used my holiday to bite the bullet and face my nemesis, which strangely happens to be a 2.4meter wing R/C glider. I built it about 3 years ago but never actualy got round to flying it for lots of reasons the main one being i didnt want to write it off after the large amount of work it took to build, but today i fitted its battery and went out for the afternoon with it, and im pleased to say, made it back in one peace and im rather pleased with myself :D

Normal service will now be resumed
D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

bobhalliday
Has changed a sphere or two

Re: Im going to break the rules!!!

Post by bobhalliday » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:58 pm

Good for you Dean! There has to be more fun in life than being treated like shit by a wayward XM. :D
1996 Admiral Blue XM from New RP6612 N***YBL
1992 Green XM estate as stand-by. RP5623
We are all Falkirk 'Bairns'

I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel, but it's an express train coming this way!!!!
--

Gone, but never forgotten.

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:02 pm

Well done Dean, just goes to show we're normal. I'm a radio ham.. :?
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

onthecut
Citrobics expert

Post by onthecut » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi Dean.

Being a saddo, the only question I have is what does the battery do in a glider ---- surely there's nothing to attach a starter motor to ???????????

Mike.

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:29 pm

Hi Mike

Its just a small 4.8v pack which powers the reciever and servo's, it lasts a good while too, my record is 4hrs non stop flight with a glider, the pack will do that no trouble at all but the transmitter is out of juice by then with a standard ni-cad pack.
Anyone else do the model plane thing then? Foamies are the ones to have, great fun even for begginers, they go up to 80" wingspan as a scale model so look very realistic and near indistructable, which means you can dogfight with them without ruining your investment :D

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

minijet

Post by minijet » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:19 am

Dean wrote: Anyone else do the model plane thing then?
D
Hi Dean,

I'm impressed, you brought it home in one piece. I invariably used to come home with a pile of scrap balsa wood :( , still had lots of fun though :D .
I haven't done much in recent years but I still have flying model bits and pieces all over the place.
I've never tried gliders, always powered (electric and Jetex), some RC and some free flight.
Maybe I'll get around to building something again, when I get the time..........and find somewhere to fly them.

Another interest of mine is hovercraft, and you have the only hovercraft service in the UK right on your doorstep, aren't you the lucky one :) .

Paul

Ciaran
Site Admin
Orga / RP numbers: 1234

Post by Ciaran » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:57 am

Rules?! What rules, we have rules now? :lol:

Seriously, post whatever you like in here, that's what its for :)

As for that, very impressive Dean, I wish I had the space and time to do something like that.

Epic. :D

terry g
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by terry g » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:32 am

i used to fly control line when i was away at school, in the 60,s great fun (cox,049 glow plug ), scewed on to anything we could make look like a plane, recently got the grandson a helicopter for indoor use, fits in the palm of your hand, geat fun ,till you try them outside,lol, infra red dont work in sunlight, nearly lost it on the roof,

Ken Newbold
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by Ken Newbold » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:01 am

minijet wrote:.
Dean wrote: Anyone else do the model plane thing then?
D
Another interest of mine is hovercraft, and you have the only hovercraft service in the UK right on your doorstep, aren't you the lucky one :) .
Paul
Do you realise it's almost 10 years now since the demise of the late great SRN4s :cry:

minijet

Post by minijet » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:35 am

Ken Newbold wrote:
Do you realise it's almost 10 years now since the demise of the late great SRN4s :cry:
That's right Ken, and this hovercraft 'enthusiast' never got round to going on one :(

I never went on Concorde either :( and now that's gone too :x

I never imagined we would take such big technological steps backwards :?