I'm knackered!

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
bitonthesidexm
Knows how to use the parking brake

I'm knackered!

Post by bitonthesidexm » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:32 am

Just got back from a 2000 mile trip arpund Scotland by motorcycle outfit. We ended up on Sanday in tthe Orkney Isles. Wonderful place but sod all to do there! Spotted the back end of an XM on mainland Orkney but never saw another one at all. Rained every day bar one - great on a bike - just what you need. One of the greatest pleasures in life is pulling on damp gloves that were wet on the previous day! :lol: Now going to clean the bike that looks as though it has been mauled by the mud monster!
Peter - I fuelled up at the new Tesco's at Wick!
1994 XM Turbo Onyx in black.

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Re: I'm knackered!

Post by Peter.N. » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:52 am

Welcome back, glad you enjoyed your trip. We shall be up there in October, not on a bike though :o my days of two wheels ended in 1957 when I finally forsook my Vespa.

Never been to Orkney, often said we would but it meant getting up fairly early and I'm not very good at that, especially on holiday, we always go to John O Groats though, but that's about as near as we get.

I think that Orkney is actually more densely populated than the mainland, most of Caithness and Sutherland are pretty remote - just how I like it. :D

I don't know if you noticed but Wick Tesco's is a huge wooden framed building, the biggest in - somewhere or other :? I'm told. Perhaps you didn't go inside, they have a nice cafe.

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

bitonthesidexm
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by bitonthesidexm » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:12 pm

The only reason I would have gone near to it Peter was if it was on fire - to warm up! It rained on the dock at Sanday, on the dock at Kirwall, hammered down at Gills Bay and was then quite cold at Wick! I almost stopped and put on my heated jacket - and it's August! I need a car!!!!!!! :lol:
1994 XM Turbo Onyx in black.

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:31 pm

Right! Bikes are fine when the weather is nice. We went up last October and got snowed in, the previous October it was 20C!
Went up the end of March this year and there was still snow lying but by the end of the week it was hot, still, you don't go to Scotland for the Weather do you. :lol:

Get yourself a car.

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset