MOTs today.

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
citroenmad
Citrobics expert

MOTs today.

Post by citroenmad » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:21 pm

Well as i found out last week the white Xms MOT had ran out a little while ago, well actually it was in April :shock:

While i was driving it last week i thought it seems a while since its been for an MOT, so i checked and could only find last years MOT, which ran out in April this year, ooopps :?

The 6 wheeler was also due a test next week, so we took them both today, im pleased to say they both passed. Although the Xm got an advisory for two suspenion pipes, so that will be getting done very soon and anything else looking a bit iffy.

Since it was legal again i went out shopping in it, on the way home i was driving down a main road through the town when out from behind a wall leading from a very narrow back street shot out a black Vectra, young lad in it, wheels spinning etc, literally just infront of me. Luckily I saw it straight away and slammed on the anchors, the ABS kicked in and the Xm stopped about half a metre from this flying Vectras drivers side. The driver in the car behind me was also on the ball and stopped just a few inches from the back of my car. The Vectra then shot over the opposite side of the road, on full lock with its wheels spinning, straight up a massive curb, scraped a lamp post, bits of plastic flying off the car and narrowly missing a parked car and off down the road at full tilt.

Had i been driving a car with no ABS i can imagine i wouldnt have stopped so quickly, Xms do have fantastic brakes, so im sure that helped too. Its the first time ive had to stop so quickly in an Xm, i was very impressed at how quickly it pulled up.

Slightly in shock i drove on slowly to find a police S-Max flying out of the next sideroad after this black Vauxhall. So im very pleased me and the Xm are still in one piece, i do hope they caught the idiot in the Vectra.

Im please i wasnt a second earlier as the Xm would have been rammed and would now be scrap. I think ill stop using it :lol:

I was slightly shocked at the mileage the Xm has covered since its last MOT, ok, that might be 17 months :lol: However its done over 5K miles, quite amasing as i can't actually remember using it all that much, its certainly not been used much since april (good job with no MOT!) since having the silver Xm.
Chris.
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
S2 Xantia Exclusive 2.0HDi 110 Estate - Mauritius Blue
S1 Xantia 2.0TCT Activa - Silver
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

CCC Xantia Files Columnist.

ItsGrimUpNorth
Can find the S1 radio

Re: MOTs today.

Post by ItsGrimUpNorth » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:12 pm

I wonder if that guy was a felon on the run or something. Glad to hear you and the car aren't hurt!
XM Driver with absolutely NO mechanical experience!

citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Post by citroenmad » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:24 am

I suspect so, i think he was probably being chased by the police car. Possibly a stolen car. Shows how easily an accident could happen.

P.S. Your username is not true today, nice bright sunsine in the north 8-)

Chris.
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:27 am

Ah yes, but what's it like in Sweden? :?

Andrew

Ciaran
Site Admin
Orga / RP numbers: 1234

Post by Ciaran » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:59 am

Ironic, just minutes after reading of your near miss, I narrowly avoided being T-boned by a guy in a Daewoo Matiz.

I left my parents house, was driving along the road, past a side street, where I had right of way. I saw this silver Daewoo approaching the give way lines to my left-hand side, and thought nothing of it. Only when I realised that he was going a bit too quick, and seemed oblivious to the presence of either me, or the give-way lines, did I accelerate out of the way and swerve at the last moment. Lucky I did, as the front of his Korean shopping cart continued well over the line, and finally came to rest in the space occupied a split second previously by my passenger side back door and quarter panel. Shocked, I turned round and was yelling 'What the f*** are you doing??', and *HE* gives *ME* the dirty look! I dunno.... :o

Ciarán

citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Post by citroenmad » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:15 am

I Love that! People often in the wrong make it out to be our fault, dont people know when they are wrong!

Yes i was shouting and blearing the horn but to no avail, i just hope he didnt cause an accident further down the road.

I can imagine the damage to His Daewoo Tizwaz would have been pretty worse than the damage to yours, think id rather have an accident in a wheel barrow actually :?

Chris.
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75