XM related plates

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
onthecut
Citrobics expert

XM related plates

Post by onthecut » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:53 am

Looking at the thread in the For Sale section about the 2.5k number plate, there must be quite a few that could apply, with some imagination. Think I'd go for C1 TXM or XMV 5X, or if I was feeling flush, 25 XM.

Mike.

andmcit
XM Guru

Re: XM related plates

Post by andmcit » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:50 am

I can see the pro's and con's with cherished numbers.

Most numbers are lost on about 99% of people so unless its obvious and/or clever you're only pleasing yourself.
When people try too hard with corruption of the characters I feel it should be treated as a hanging offence!
I usually don't mind the original characters the car comes with as after all they're the "name" originally given to
the car and anything else is just trying to impress other people.

If however it's simply to please the driver of the car every time they see it and drive it, then why not.
All the unusual numbered cars I have came with their number and the only one ever purchased from DVLA was a real
cheapie by my father as a retirement present to himself for his cherished Cx which was the potentially obscure
A10KCX.

I have FAB16S on a GS and A6TVA on an Activa but no Xm number. If I saw A24VXM I'd like it if it ever existed
but its probably on a milkfloat or a road roller! :lol:

Andrew