I dont like them, but im tempted

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Re: I dont like them, but im tempted

Post by citroenmad » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:29 pm

The C5 is really not a bad car, it has a lot going for it, ok looks and a sharpe drive are not its strong points :roll: but there are many reasons to buy one, also reasons why you wouldnt too!

I dont like the new C5 though, its quite ugly and quite overstyled, sometimes i think i like it and other times i dont. Its also quite cramped in the back for me i find, the estate is really not as big as the older S1 C5. Mind, most current estates, oh no i mean sport tourers or what ever they are called at the moment, have very limited boot space, the rear is very sloped and the boot floor is high, rendering the boot size actually quite small.

Citroen was well known for offering very large estate cars, just look at the Ds Safari, CX and Xm estate, all are quite huge and a very practical shape without being ugly, actually quite pleasing to look at. Now i feel we have ugly estates which offer little room compared to their older relations.

The Xm offers more room than a C5, more rear legroom and the estate Xms have a bigger boot, which should be right as they are quite a big longer. A C5 estate is not quite as long as an Xm hatchback. However the C5 does have a lot more head room and i find in the hatch Xm it can be tight in the front if your tall, more headroom in the estate though.

Chris.
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
S2 Xantia Exclusive 2.0HDi 110 Estate - Mauritius Blue
S1 Xantia 2.0TCT Activa - Silver
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

CCC Xantia Files Columnist.

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Re: I dont like them, but im tempted

Post by Dieselman » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:57 pm

The latest C5 has too much frontal overhang, is large on the outside-small on the inside and has a pathetic boot...all because it's the 407 floorpan.
All our drivers complained the 407 was a poor car.... :(
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White