car show

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
Dean
Global Moderator

car show

Post by Dean » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:22 pm

Hi all

I went to the annual charity car show today and had a very good day, every car you can imagine was there from mini Moke's to shelby cobra's and lambo's you name it and it was there including a traction and a CX estate, ive never seen either before in the flesh but the CX was a very big estate, problem is it didnt stand out as being that big because it was parked between a Dodge charger and an impala, no photo's again this year but i did end up taking the XM down there and spent most of the day talking to other similarly afflicted people and trying to stay away from the stands :) really is a very good day out.

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Re: car show

Post by Peter.N. » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi Dean

We don't get to many shows down this was now although we did go to a small local one a couple of months ago, no Citroens but a Humer Hawk and Snipe, both of which we had in the olden days, very nice cars even by modern standards and about the same size as the XM. We saw an immaculate Hawk on Tuesday in the depths of a forest in Yorkshire!

The CX is indeed a big car, we had three Safari's, all diesel of course the last one being turbo, there was something around seven feet of space between the tailgate and back of the front seats, super car, better than the XM in several respects, the last one I had for seven years and covered over 150k in it.

There used to be an excellent car show in Yeovil, 'Yeovil festival of transport' it was called, it was the largest I had seen for the first few years, then it started getting smaller and dissapeared altogether two or three years ago.

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi Peter

There was several humer's there today and and some turn of the century rollers, well evrything really, the show brings people from all over the uk and europe, its not massive but it is still a good turnout, and being on the island right outside my door makes attending hassle free, on my usual sunday drive this morning i had a delorean in my rear view mirror and one of these http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... 1&ct=image in front, i like the stratos, very nice car although its driver was looking a little warm, i hear ventalation was not good :lol:

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:13 pm

Looks nice, hasn't got quite the room of the XM in it though :D
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red