Shant be needing the estate now.........

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Shant be needing the estate now.........

Post by Peter.N. » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:53 pm

We are off to North Scotland again next week - as we do, a little concerned about taking the white estate in view of the failing head gasket , but we shant need to take it now as our German Shepherd of 14 years died this morning. She had a stroke in the early hours of this morning, she has had several before and recovered but this one looked terminal so we had to take her to the vet for the dasterdly deed. She had a good life but it doesn't stop you from missing them.

So, I will find out what the black hatch is like on a long journey, I might even take some Tcut with me and give it a polish. It seems very bouncy at the back with the comfort spheres fitted which is strange as the estate has them and rides well, the roads in Scotland are very good though, certainly better than down here.

So I will see you folks again in a couple of weeks (I hope) Let me know if any silver 2.1 estates turn up while I'm gone :D

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

andmcit
XM Guru

Re: Shant be needing the estate now.........

Post by andmcit » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:09 pm

:( A real wrench Peter; I've been here several times myself.

14 years is a good age for a large breed dog - I've lost a Boxer dog at 5 years of age and
another (my all time favourite) prematurely at 8 - his brother is still here at near 11 now.
It's like losing one of your limbs or internal organs but yet we still want them knowing we
ill inevitably outlast them. Wouldn't have it any other way and the only way I coped was
having another.

Nothing anyone can say or do will make this situation feel any better unfortunately.

All the best,
Andrew

DerekW
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by DerekW » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:18 pm

My commiserations on your loss Peter. Andrew has said everything that could be said.

Derek
2000 V6 Exclusive, black. RP 8362
2004 C3 Exclusive Sensodrive,the wife's. She doesn't like it.
1995 ZX 1.8 auto, the latest replacement, she loves ZX's. Peace at last.

BertietheBunnie
XM newbie

Post by BertietheBunnie » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi Peter
I know how you feel......it is coming up to the Anniversary of losing my Golden Retriever who died from a tick related illness suddenly.My new puppy Toby was born the same day that Chester died so happiness can come again.Mind you I had forgotten what hard work puppies are!
All the best and she will always live on in your memories.
Rob

bitonthesidexm

Post by bitonthesidexm » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss Peter. I know what it feels like as our last dog died at 16 years of age.
1994 XM Turbo Onyx in black.

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:28 pm

Thanks for your kind words folks, we have had shepherds since the '60s so as you can imagine we are quite attached to them, whether we shall have another or not is something we will have to think carefully about, the old one moved at just about the right speed for me, don't know if I could cope with another puppy. :D She used to take on a new lease of life every time we went to Scotland but we thought about three years ago it would be her last trip as she has had all sorts of problems but she just kept bouncing back, even amazed the vet. I don't know what we are going to tell our two and a half year old grandaughter, she used to love that dog ..... all part of lifes rich pattern.

Peter

citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Post by citroenmad » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:34 pm

Thats a real shame Peter, i too know how you must be feeling, its an awful thing to go through, they become such a close part of the family.

Id hate for anything to happen to either of our two, we lost one a couple of years ago to a virus, not a good expereince.

But i do hope you enjoy your Holiday Peter :)

Chris
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
S2 Xantia Exclusive 2.0HDi 110 Estate - Mauritius Blue
S1 Xantia 2.0TCT Activa - Silver
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

CCC Xantia Files Columnist.

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:40 pm

Peter.N. wrote:whether we shall have another or not is something we will have to think carefully about, the old one moved at just about the right speed for me, don't know if I could cope with another puppy. :D
If you fancy another dog but not a puppy, why not pay your local animal rescue centre a visit, they can always get rid of pups but older dogs often can't find a home.
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:46 pm

We had thought of that especially as the dog would be out of its puppy stage, but having two young grandchildren and not knowing the history of the dog could be risky, if you have brought them up from puppies you know them better.

Peter

Ken Newbold

Post by Ken Newbold » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:05 am

You're not having much luck lately :(

On the other hand, things can only get better :)