Jonathon Meades - XM Driver

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
nirgunapa
Knows how to use the parking brake

Jonathon Meades - XM Driver

Post by nirgunapa » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:45 pm

I knew my memory was not playing tricks. Jonathan Meades, one time restaurateur and now ascerbic observer off all things modern (and past) is an XM driver!
Meades invokes the marmite reaction - you either think he's brilliant or self opinionated! I'm definitely in the former camp.

The following might be of interested

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/475 ... eades.html

Now to get my son to lend me his DVD set and spot the car - I'm sure he's used it on the telly.

Colin
Colin

1992 XM Prestige
1999 Skoda Felicia - the wife's new drive
1959 Commer Cob - SORN
1952 Riley RMA - retirement project

2001 Volvo S80 - for sale soon

mouseflakes
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: Jonathon Meades - XM Driver

Post by mouseflakes » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:17 pm

I'm with you there Colin - he's very smart and entertaining - I love the funny little visual tricks he puts into some of his TV programs.

I bought a collection of his articles and reviews - all entertaining stuff and some of it set me off reading a few other things I would not have found otherwise.

I first saw him in his TV series about the Victorian house. In his usual deadpan delivery he described most modern urban parks as 'wino-scapes populated by yobs and dog turds'. :D
Tim

1969 R16 GL - welding up
1978 R30 TS - resting up
1996 Saxo D - commuting up (?)