The Citroën Classic Challenge 2012 event news

Want to share pics and writeups from any interesting car shows and events you may have attended? This is the place...
Citroenesque
Has changed a sphere or two

Re: The Citroën Classic Challenge 2012 event news

Post by Citroenesque » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:45 pm

BUMP!

100 days to go.

At the risk of repeating myself...

Can I ask all interested parties that, if they haven't already, you please sort out your entry if you are able to confirm (as much as reasonable) your intention to take part in the Challenge in May. I need to get all fees and registrations in asap as I need to be able to order and print the sticker sets.

With this in mind, I will only order a few more than the number of paid-up entrants, although the £20 fee will still apply to late comers to be fair to the others. I will make a proportional contribution to Cancer Research UK on late-in fees.

So, here's the deal, chaps...

If you want to participate (and want to sticker up your car for the event), I must have had your fee and entry form by Friday 17th February. If you enter after that date, it'll still cost £20 but a sticker set cannot be guaranteed although I will provide at least one plaque-style sticker for your car..

Should an entrant have to pull out, after paying the fee, a sticker set will still be produced for them - possibly to sell on to late-comers, but that's down to individuals to sort.

Also, those taking part in only a part of the route, but who still want a sticker set or not, the fee's still £20. I have made this decision to be fair to all.

Some - like me - see the expense as being a real concern. Well, I have looked again at the costings and for two, in an relatively economical car, camping each night and eating frugally, using the cheapest available crossing and not taking a room at the end-of-event Hotel venue (but camping nearby), you're talking £740-780 for the whole thing (which is essentially a 8-10 day holiday) including a small contingency for the unexpected; be it speeding fine or a replacement part... Not too bad - that's just over £40 a day each all in.
1995 Citroen ZX 1.9D Avantage 3 door, white 106k miles.

Citroenesque
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by Citroenesque » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi

NB: This does not apply to those who have paid the fee (so it's FYI only).

As per an earlier e-mail: If you want to participate and want to sticker up your car for the event, I must have had your fee and entry form (or e-mail equivalent) by Friday 17th February. If you enter after that date, it'll still cost £20 but a sticker set cannot be guaranteed although I will try to provide at least one plaque-style sticker for your car..

Should an entrant have to pull out, after paying the fee, a sticker set will still be produced for them - possibly to sell on to late-comers, but that's down to individuals to sort.

Cheers
Philip Chidlow
challenge2012@btopenworld.com
1995 Citroen ZX 1.9D Avantage 3 door, white 106k miles.

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:42 am

Refreshing this post will move it to the same page as the proposed 2015 event.
Lets you see how much fun XMing in France can be.

John