CCC East Midland Group Meet - Run to Wells - 5th June 2011

Want to share pics and writeups from any interesting car shows and events you may have attended? This is the place...
Duke
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by Duke » Mon May 30, 2011 2:19 pm

Our next event in the East Midlands Group is a road run from Peterborough to Wells-Next-The-Sea, and it will be held on Sunday the 5th June (next Sunday).

The start point will be at the Aldi Supermarket Carpark in Peterborough - the postcode for this is PE2 8SH. Regarding timings, we should aim to meet for 9:30 with a leave time of 10:00. Price-wise, the run will cost £10 and this includes the route book and also parking at Wells too.

The offer to take part on the run has also been extended to the 'POSH' Peterborough Mini Club and also the Citroën Specials Club too, so it'll be good to have some variation in the run as well.

Just for your info, the route book consists of simple 'tulip' style instructions and also some questions to be answered en-route with prizes awarded at the end of the run - therefore it would be best if you had a passenger to navigate and write answers etc!

Going by my calculations we have at the moment a total of around 11 cars and the numbers are rising most days.

The run booklets are being printed, and here' a couple of pics to show what they are like.

Any questions, please ask - and if you do plan to take part on the Wells Run, then if you could let me know that would be great so we can get a rough idea of numbers etc.

XM-wise, I know for sure that there should be a minimum of four XMs on the run.

Thanks. 8-)
1992 (K) Citroen XM 2.1 Turbo SD - Manual - K-BAN

Duke
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Re: CCC East Midland Group Meet - Run to Wells - 5th June 20

Post by Duke » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Well, a very nice day if I say so myself with no real mishaps occuring and only a couple of wrong turns (!) from some of the drivers. We all made it to Wells in the end though! :D :lol:

In the end there was a grand total of 13 cars which was good to see...
...with a nice range of cars inlcluding, Ami (x2), DS, BX (x3), Xantia, XM (x3), C3, C6 and it was also nice to see a Xsara Picasso too!

Here's some pictures of the day-

At the start:

/\ BTW Tim, your BX is looking lovely - was just winding you up... :wink:

During-

At Wells-

Finally, there were questions en-route and the winners were the Osborns in their Ami (very nice too!) with 8 out of 9 correct answers. The first prize was an Andre Citroën Book, while the last prize was a wooden spoon which Alan 'won' :lol: :lol:

All in all, a lovely day, with a good chance to meet friend old and new.
1992 (K) Citroen XM 2.1 Turbo SD - Manual - K-BAN