CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2012

Want to share pics and writeups from any interesting car shows and events you may have attended? This is the place...
Dean
Global Moderator

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2012 - BIG UPDATE PAGE 2!!!

Post by Dean » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:26 pm

Dieselman wrote:
CitroJim wrote:Ride (and drive) one of Dieselman's and your fate is sealed. It was what started me on this road to XM ownership. I had a false start and a dither but got there in the end, all thanks to Will :D
Strangely, the Cobalt one I am quite happy for people to drive, the Mandarin one... :|
I wouldnt be too keen either Will.

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

Rommel
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by Rommel » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Dieselman wrote:
Rommel wrote: By a great stroke of fortune I will be attending- just a few hours ago this was not even remotely on the cards!
Very excited and hoping someone will be kind enough to take me out in an XM (alas, as yet I have not even been driven in one, let alone drove one)!
There has to be more of a story to the last minute reprieve.

You are quite welcome to a ride in my car. This one I'm quite protective about, but depending on insurance you never know about a drive.

Your Girlfriend is obviously quite shrewd, a BX Gti is quite a mover. I once had a Volvo 440GLT and a colleague a BX Gti. On the way to collect new cars we gave them full beans and he absolutely murdered me...unfortunately the Copper with a speed gun didn't share his appreciation of how quick the BX was. :lol:
Yes, the last minute reprieve- well, her mother was coming to stay on the Saturday (cue some minor sulking from me about not being able to go to the meet ;) ) but then her mum decided she wasn't coming to stay after all! Plus prior to all that, there's the fact that I didn't realise that my girlfriend would actually enjoy the idea of going to such an event. Luckily she does!

Any ride in an XM would be great. I would understand being wary of letting people drive your car! I am fully comp though...

I think her Citroenitis has come about by osmosis- she couldn't help seeing the cars I was looking at, really took a shine to the BX, and hey presto- now she owns one! I have warned her that it has to be cared for, more so than a modern car.

I think she may be beoming a petrolhead of sorts. :shock:

Of course we will not know anyone when we turn up....we'll hopefully get to know some of you in due course.

Rohan
Rohan
ES9 V6
Previous:
2.1TD Exclusive Orga 6668
2.5TD VSX Estate

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:50 am

Rommel wrote: Of course we will not know anyone when we turn up....we'll hopefully get to know some of you in due course.
You'll find us all very friendly and approachable Rohan, one of the joys of a Citroen event. Just front up and say hello and don't ever worry about joining in the many small groups of owners that assemble or that we seem to all know each other as old friends; mostly we are but are always very pleased to welcome someone new..
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:25 am

Yes, the Citroen lot are all very easy to get along with and very friendly. I will see you there.

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

jeastham
Citrobics expert

Post by jeastham » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:20 pm

Rommel wrote:1. C4 by Loeb - Franklin.
2. CX - Patrick.
3. CX - Terry / One of Patrick's CXs.
4. CX - Graham / One of Patrick's CXs.
5. Xantia V6 - Jason.
6. Whichever car starts... Dave
7. Xantia (whichever of the girls takes my fancy) Xac and Danielle
8. Could be either Activa or Xm Prestige - Chris
9. XM - Kev.
10. Xantia - Toby
11.Activa - Dean
12. Xantia Activa - Jim
13. XM - Jim
13. Xantia (if not torched) - Tim.
14. Zx16v - Mark ( bxzx16v)
15. Just a basic Xantia! Body work sorted and new rocker cover gasket!! Mark.
16. ZX Volcane - Paul.
17. XM - Vince.
18. Rattiva - Mike.
19. XM - Dieselman.
20. XM - Matthew.
21. XM - Norman.
22. XM - Captain Slow
23. XM - Campbell.
24. BX 16v - Kitch.
25. XM - Steve.
26. XM - Russ.
27. Xantia - Paul (Maybe)
28. BX - Matthew.
29. BX - Mick.
30. BX - Mark.
31. Xantia - Phil.
32. BX - Ian (Or Bluebird)
33. 806 - Phil.
34. BX - Sandre.
35. BX - Mike.
36. Xantia - Mike.
37. Xantia - Chris&Claire.
38. DS3R & C4GP - Jon, Esther & Kids.
39. 2CV - Richard.
40. CX - Dom.
41. Xantia - Shaun.
42. C6 - Steve.
43. C6 - Ron.
44. C6 - Ciao.
45. C6 - Marios.
46. C6 - Jason.
47. ? - Pete.
48. CX - James.
49. Xantia - Paul.
50. CX - Dave.
51. XM Exclusive - Chris570
52. C6 - Chris B.
53. Xantia V6 - xantia_v6
54. BX- Rommel- Rohan and Katie

To borrow a phrase (and modify it, for relevance)...

"Citroen-heads......thousands of them"

54 motors; that's quite a gathering ! The Rover 800 meets that I went to , were nowhere near as big

It's looking likely that I may have a lift from London to Bletchley Park and back, so my ability to visit camp-Citroen will be constrained by what the driver wishes to do. But will see some/most/all of you at Bletchley Park on Saturday afternoon

Cheers

Justin
1993 2.1SED Auto. RP # 6084

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:53 pm

It's a seriously good turnout Justin..

Now, it's up to you to make sure your driver is well enough persuaded that it would be a really good idea to visit the rally :lol:

So you're not now travelling courtesy of London Midland then? Shame as you'll miss the opportunity to visit one of the greyest, bleakest and most depressing places on this planet: Bletchley railway station... :evil:
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

jeastham
Citrobics expert

Post by jeastham » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:32 pm

CitroJim wrote:It's a seriously good turnout Justin..

Now, it's up to you to make sure your driver is well enough persuaded that it would be a really good idea to visit the rally :lol:

So you're not now travelling courtesy of London Midland then? Shame as you'll miss the opportunity to visit one of the greyest, bleakest and most depressing places on this planet: Bletchley railway station... :evil:
Well; it's not 100%, but there's a good chance that my mates (a couple with 2 kids) will want to have a day at Bletchley Park, too. If they don't; then I'll be on the train, as previously planned

This time tomorrow, I should be somewhere in West London. Going to get off the coach, make for Victoria tube, and get meself to Brick Lane, for a ruby ;-)

Till Saturday

Justin
1993 2.1SED Auto. RP # 6084

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:41 pm

The weather is going to be beachwear...

Luvley, jubly.
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

Duke
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by Duke » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:49 pm

Just a quick visit to the forum as still got loads left to do in readiness for the Rally...

Decision has been made at the eleventh hour (!) about what cars to take...

My C4 is still filthy dirty, quite ashamed really as hasn't been washed for about two weeks! :lol: :oops: Have bunged a cleaning things in the boot so might give it a bit of a once over at Little Horwood (Bug Remover, Clay Bar, Wax, Couple of Cloths etc). Just haven't had time and been using it all week, and won't have time tomorrow as leaving straight after I get home (4:30pm). Might find a local place to get it washed...

Got to pop to the hotel to pick up keys, and then Jim's en route so should be at Little Horwood for maybe 6:45, in time for Fish and Chip Van...
1992 (K) Citroen XM 2.1 Turbo SD - Manual - K-BAN

Duke
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by Duke » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Well, what an absolutely fantastic weekend - the only bad thing was that it came to an end... :wink:

Glorious weather and a fantastic turnout indeed which was great to see - definitely over 150 cars and I'll have a look at the exact figures sometime.

Luckily the journey back was better that the one on Friday (!) as we flew back in great time with little traffic. :-D

Thanks to all that came along, and also the other organisers because it just wouldn't have been possible without everyone. :)

569 was the final count of pictures so I'll have to start sorting them out soon...

Great cars and great people - nice to see everyone again. :-D Was also very nice that the C4 was welcomed and received positive comments... :wink:
1992 (K) Citroen XM 2.1 Turbo SD - Manual - K-BAN