Xantia Spares at CXM: Charatible Donation.

Want to share pics and writeups from any interesting car shows and events you may have attended? This is the place...
CitroJim
Citroen God!

Xantia Spares at CXM: Charatible Donation.

Post by CitroJim » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:45 am

I've posted this as a separate topic so that it does not get lost in the main CXM thread.

On Friday evening Chris570 and I will be bringing a fair few Xantia spares to CXM, the result of the massive recent clearout of my workshop.

Whilst most of the items are of a Xantia origin, some of it may well be useful to XM Owners.

I'm not keen to take any of it back home again so everything (except those items already reserved) is up for grabs and I'd appreciate seeing it all go to new homes.

I don't want any money for any item directly. You may offer whatever you think a particular item is worth. Whatever you offer will be donated to the ME Association.

As many know, I suffer from ME and the workshop clearout is as a direct result. My ability to play cars, to work full-time and to enjoy much that is normally taken for granted has been severely reduced and I'm working to simplify my life as much as possible. Clearing the workshop is just one aspect.

So, hopefully get yourself something useful and at the same time do something useful for those of us suffering this weird and baffling condition.

Thanks!
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: Xantia Spares at CXM: Charatible Donation.

Post by citroenxm » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:08 pm

Jim, what ever doesn't get taken, Ill store at my place for you! Hopefully I wont miss too much with only being able to make it on the Sunday..

So worry not, if theres stuff left, we can hold it for you. I think Im extramilly likely to bring the roof box with me, prehaps we could top it up with other strage items.. Ive not been able to get a trailer after all :x :( ... So prehaps if we put the 2.1 TD engine in my boot (Its already oil saterated and not exactley tidy) other things can go in the roof box..
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:49 pm

Gosh Paul, you can't put a 2.1TD engine in the back of a Xantia hatch. If you had an estate then you might but a hatch, no way!!!

We'll see how it goes. Invariably I'll be up in Bangor and certainly Aberystwyth in the not too distant with the XM so it'll not be a biggie to pop across the Menai with some stuff, 2.1TD engine excepted though... Wheels yes!
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX

MTXM
Citroen God!

Post by MTXM » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:06 pm

I transported a PRV V6 engine from Brum to Norfolk in my 2.0 hatch Jim, although it was a bit of a squash and a squeeze!!! With regards, Matthew T.
1989 V6 Exclusive (Poland car) - Now living in a local Motor Museum!
1990 V6sei auto (grey auto)
1990 V6sei manual (gold car)
1990 V6.24 Pallas (Germany car)
1990 V6.24v (Scotland car)
Other previous XM sold and broken too many to mention!

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Gosh Matthew :o

Trouble is, this 2.1TD still has a gearbox attached as far as I know...

Still, I've seen Paul play 'Tetris' with a Xantia hatch before and he utterly staggered me at what he squeezed in. I never believed a Xantia bonnet would fit in but Paul managed it...
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Best to leave the box on the V6 engine when you put it in the back of an XM car.
Easy to crack the rear window with the engine crane so:
Lower it in just inside the tailgate with box trailing then winch it forward so the tailgate shuts.
Strap it well down however far you are going.
No idea about getting it out again I just left Paul an XM with two V6 engines.

Do not believe the stories about XM's being able to carry any load.
A 2.5 engine and box stowed just inside the tailgate of an XM estate gives you very light steering.

John

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:22 pm

2.5 td engine an exception to the rule and are SOOOOOOOOOOO damm heavy they make any cars steering light.. they weigh about the same as Two 2;1 td engines together.. believe me i know after humping a few around on Non smooth ground!!!! :D :D :D
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive