CCC East Midlands Group - BRM & Bourne Citroën - 7/10/12

Want to share pics and writeups from any interesting car shows and events you may have attended? This is the place...
Duke
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

CCC East Midlands Group - BRM & Bourne Citroën - 7/10/12

Post by Duke » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:05 pm

As you may be aware, our next Group Meeting is for the BRM Celebration Day on the 7th October at Bourne, Lincolnshire.

For info, here is their website - http://brmday.co.uk/

As you may have seen in the latest Citroenian, we are going to combine this again with meeting up at Barry Annells' Bourne Citroen Centre too (Unit 1, Eastgate Industrial Estate, Cherry Holt Road, Bourne, Lincs, PE10 9JY) as this was very popular last year.

You can see on the website about the plans for the day - http://brmday.co.uk/plans.html - and for info we plan to meet at Barry's place for 10am, as the BRM starts at 11am.

It is still a little way off now so will give exact details nearer the time...

Slightly different to last year, however we had this excellent turnout...

Same again please... :D ;)
1992 (K) Citroen XM 2.1 Turbo SD - Manual - K-BAN

Duke

Re: CCC East Midlands Group - BRM & Bourne Citroën - 7/10/12

Post by Duke » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Bump! This Sunday...
1992 (K) Citroen XM 2.1 Turbo SD - Manual - K-BAN

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:16 pm

I'll be busy (supervising) spannering on a certain XM I'm sorry to say Franklin...
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

XMX

Post by XMX » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:40 am

For the Bourne BRM Day, click for SLIDE-SHOW I'm sorry for the crap pictures but I only managed to get on the side of the road where the sun was blinding into your eyes/camera plus as can be seen the pavements where heaving with folk (Some were inpatient by shoving and pushing to :evil: ) so it wasn't that easy to get a good spot to take photo's, but as least its shows the success of the event !

This took me back to happier day's of Summer 1977 when I had 3 year old Triumph Stag and a Honda 400/4 which was only 6 months old at the time (Same Colour too) :-

Now for some snap's of the mini/meet, click for SLIDE-SHOW , I glad I went in the end (As it was 'touch and go' whether I was going), what a fantastic day with super warm weather too (no need for any wet weather protection) !

Thanks to Tim Leach (From the CCC) for chauffeuring, in his very nice BX MK1 19 DTR , which I can confirm drives superbly indeed for the mileage its done (I bet others with half the mileage would not have been as smooth/quiet) its most definitely a keeper !

:D

XMX

An XM if for life, (Not just for Christmas) !