CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Want to share pics and writeups from any interesting car shows and events you may have attended? This is the place...
Duke
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Post by Duke » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Evening all,

Date for your diary is the weekend of 6/7/8 September 2013 for the best rally of the year... :wink:

The location is the usual at Little Horwood, MK17 0PF.

Many of you will know this event and have attended however see here for pics of last year: viewtopic.php?p=40585#p40585

At the moment this post is just for the dates, and due to it being a while yet further details will be posted nearer the time.

Thanks!

EDIT - PLEASE SEE THE UPDATE ON PAGE TWO OF THIS THREAD HERE.

UPDATE COPIED BELOW:

There's big news about the CX, XM and Xantia Rally. Following the CX Section Committee Meeting that was held at the DSM, we are pleased to announce details for the Rally (6/7/8th September). Please see below for the Rally Advert...

Once again we are proud to announce that both entry and camping all weekend will be free! This free entry is not just to CCC Members either - it's extended to non-members too. We had a cracking turnout last year of over 150 cars which included 22 CXs, 30 XMs and 25 Xantias however we know you can do better...! If possible we'd like to see more than 170 cars over the weekend - it's up to you of course however don't let us down...! It is worth mentioning that a donation bucket will be present for donations at your discretion - this is to help us cover the £300 cost to just hire the site for the weekend.

To kick the rally off on Friday Evening the famous Fish and Chip van will be making an appearance at around 7:00pm to 7:30pm. Once everyone has enjoyed their fish supper then many folk normally have a good natter about all things Citroen related, whilst others break out the jars of infamous pickled eggs and enjoy an alcoholic beverage (or ten...) of their choice...

On Saturday & Sunday Morning, Buffett Breakfasts will be available at the Shoulder of Mutton Pub from 8am to 10am, as per last year.

At midday on Saturday we will depart for our convoy drive which is kindly going to be organised by Jim Eastment. Jim is organising a scenic route through the lanes and backroads to the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway and upon arrival we will be able to go on a train ride along the line that runs over a 3 ½ mile stretch along the foot of the Chiltern Hills running parallel to the Icknield Way, passing through attractive countryside with some outstanding views across the Vale of Whiteleaf.

On Saturday Evening we will pop down to the Shoulder of Mutton Pub for the Evening Buffet Meal. The cost will be £15 per head and it is an all you can eat buffet arrangement.

Refreshments on the Saturday and Sunday Afternoons will be available in the clubhouse kitchen that include Filled Rolls, Tea, Coffee and Soft Drinks.

There will be trophies for Best CX, XM and Xantia present, with rosettes too for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Also there is of course the Roger Bradford “Roger’s Choice” Trophy (the car he would exclaim "Good God" at if he had seen it...) and the Eileen Stearnes Trophy (the car that has been improved the most and deserves special recognition...)

As well as the prize giving on the Sunday Afternoon, there will of course be the raffle.

...and of course the brilliant atmosphere that is only the CX, XM and Xantia Rally!

Don't forget those pickled eggs... :wink:

See you there!

Update re Convoy Drive on Saturday...

Over the past few days Claire, Jim and myself have been finalising details for our convoy drive out to the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway, on Saturday the 7th and we're pleased to announce these further details below:

- The convoy will leave Little Horwood at Midday, leaving us adequate time to reach Chinnor for 1PM (takes around 45 mins steady driving).

- When forming a queue to leave Little Horwood, route booklet instructions will be handed out, and if you wish to take part in the train ride then payment will be taken (£5 per person) and your details noted down.

- Upon arrival at Chinnor, lunch is available first with a large selection of freshly made sandwiches, pasties, sausage rolls, home-made cake, flapjacks, crisps, chocolate bars etc., along with tea, coffee, cold drinks and beer. There is also a meal deal available for £5 and lunch can be taken in one of their dining coaches in the platform.

- If you've paid for a train ride then this is next in Chinnor's 121 'Bubble Car'.

- Next are the yard and signalbox tours - cost is free!

- Finally a shop for any souvenirs too.

Just a few points that might be of interest if you was wondering...!

- If you don't wish to take part in the convoy you are more than welcome to stay at Little Horwood - committee members will still be on site however I would imagine that the field will be quite empty...!

- If you just wish to come along for the convoy drive and not take part in the train ride that is perfectly fine - feel free to enjoy the drive, lunch and the free tours.

- All cars taking part in the convoy will receive a route booklet with clear instructions kindly provided by Jim.

- The route will be around 30 miles each way - if you don't fancy driving then perhaps try and get a lift with others - we're a friendly bunch really...!

As usual, any questions just ask! Thanks!
Last edited by Duke on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1992 (K) Citroen XM 2.1 Turbo SD - Manual - K-BAN

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Post by citroenxm » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:38 pm

Brill Franklin, you remembered...

Wont be gettin a divorce this year.. :D

When it is time for one, Ill ask you to move it back to the first weekend again.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:56 am

Excellent, looking forward to it :D

I just hope it takes less than the three days it did last year to recover from it :twisted:
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

MTXM
Citroen God!

Post by MTXM » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:39 pm

Great news Franklin and I look forward to seeing you all then! Regards, Matthew T.
1989 V6 Exclusive (Poland car) - Now living in a local Motor Museum!
1990 V6sei auto (grey auto)
1990 V6sei manual (gold car)
1990 V6.24 Pallas (Germany car)
1990 V6.24v (Scotland car)
Other previous XM sold and broken too many to mention!

russ92xmsed
Global Moderator

Post by russ92xmsed » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:05 pm

I'll certainly be there. Hopefully this time without binding brakes!
Russ

1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5712
1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5705 (D)
Also
2003 C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive

I sell Engine bay, 1990 COTY, Total & Club XM Sticker Decals
http://www.rjwcreativedesign.co.uk

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Im not 100% sure if i will be going this year as i will be citroenless, the XM will be done this summer but i wont be putting it on the road.
If i do come i will be hiding my steed outside i think :lol:

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:54 pm

Ive been XM less for TOOOOO long now.. After having two V6 on LPG, then a TCT on LPG briefly, Im throughly looking forward to getting a DERV on the road full time!!
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:18 pm

I guess I'd better get the gaffer tape off the sunroof seal before then...
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:05 am

Dean wrote:Im not 100% sure if i will be going this year as i will be citroenless
Dean, it doesn't matter if you turn up in a Kia Pride, just turn up and attend! CXM is not the same without you...
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

normantilbury
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by normantilbury » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:37 am

I Also will be again this year see you all again :D

Regards,
Norman
98 Xm Vsx 2.1 Td Silver Estate RP 7548
Located in Lindley, Huddersfield HD3 3LX