Last call for Wetherby!!

Want to share pics and writeups from any interesting car shows and events you may have attended? This is the place...
Eddie nuff
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by Eddie nuff » Mon May 20, 2013 7:10 pm

Very good show. Some excellent motors - the '77 GS with 19000 on the clock, the 76 Ami and the superb blue CX. But for me the car I was happy to see was Mark and Jaquie's blue XM. Gave me the chance to see the headlining and the ducting as it should be, and the info they gave was invaluable - thanks.

When I get some time I'll post some photo's of Goldie. I'm happy with how the interior has come out but until the headlining is done it'll still be work in progress. I'm really impressed with how the bodywork has come up. Considering the state it was in when I got it the paint and the plastics have come up very well. Minor jobs to do to finish it off and then I will be satisfied.

Thanks for all the comments about the car, it made three months of work worth it.
89 XM 2.0Si RP4788 (Gold)

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: Last call for Wetherby!!

Post by citroenxm » Mon May 20, 2013 7:13 pm

Nice one Eddie.. thought of you today, saw a rear lamp with Gold insert, gold wings, and a gold bonnet too...

Wings are U/S really, as the bottoms were used to refurb some others.. shame really. they are quite straight..
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

Eddie nuff
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by Eddie nuff » Mon May 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Mark was saying they have some gold panels, Although mine are in good condition it is tempting to just store them in the garage . . .just in case.
89 XM 2.0Si RP4788 (Gold)

rayfenwick
Can find the S1 radio

Re: Last call for Wetherby!!

Post by rayfenwick » Mon May 20, 2013 10:49 pm

I can only echo what has already been said. We were there from the Friday evening, and despite the initially disappointing start, things really picked up by the Saturday afternoon, and the Sunday was absolutely fantastic. As always it was great to meet old friends and put faces to names and make new ones. Plus of course enjoy the camaraderie and the cars. I have to say I've never seen the XM so well represented in terms of the range of models and colours. Congratulations again to Mark and Jacqui on their Olympic blue car winning the award - deservedly so in my opinion - despite some very worthy competition.

Thanks to everyone who played their part, whether it was organising, helping out, or simply attending and making it the success that it was. I'll hopefully see you at the National :)
Ray Fenwick
Editor, The Citroënian
The monthly magazine of Citroën Car Club UK