Caister Castle Car Collection

Want to share pics and writeups from any interesting car shows and events you may have attended? This is the place...
MTXM
Citroen God!

Caister Castle Car Collection

Post by MTXM » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:02 pm

Over the summer we had some family day trips and this was my choice being a local attraction and somewhere I had not been before. The collection is well worth a visit with around 200 cars and motorcycles as I recall and a historic ruin and nice garden thrown in! A very personal and quite idiosyncratic selection of cars it is true, with the only Citroen being a Traction big 6. I was especially interested to see several more recent cars donated by their owners and thought perhaps I might pass on a XM one day!! We arrived to find a mass gathering of Triumph Stags in every possible colour and rather cheekily parked up alongside. With regards, Matthew T.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1989 V6 Exclusive (Poland car) - Now living in a local Motor Museum!
1990 V6sei auto (grey auto)
1990 V6sei manual (gold car)
1990 V6.24 Pallas (Germany car)
1990 V6.24v (Scotland car)
Other previous XM sold and broken too many to mention!

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: Caister Castle Car Collection

Post by citroenxm » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:23 am

And I bet you had little enthusiastic interest in the xm too mathew..

Someone else from here went to a general classic show and found a very stiff upper lip against the xm getting little interest..
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

MTXM
Citroen God!

Re: Caister Castle Car Collection

Post by MTXM » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:59 pm

I spoke to one nice Stag owner who did express some interest and admiration for the car, while also remembering a colleague's XM had caught fire, which I understand was not uncommon! At two other minor local shows I met car enthusiasts who had little knowledge of the XM but admired the looks and technology and the lump under the bonnet! I think appreciation is definitely growing in some quarters. Regards, Matthew T.
1989 V6 Exclusive (Poland car) - Now living in a local Motor Museum!
1990 V6sei auto (grey auto)
1990 V6sei manual (gold car)
1990 V6.24 Pallas (Germany car)
1990 V6.24v (Scotland car)
Other previous XM sold and broken too many to mention!