Practical Classics photoshoot - XM required

Want to share pics and writeups from any interesting car shows and events you may have attended? This is the place...
VickyD
XM newbie

Practical Classics photoshoot - XM required

Post by VickyD » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:21 am

Hi Folks

Firstly thank you to the admin for allowing this post, it is appreciated.

Practical Classics are doing a buying guide on the XM and we need to find a clean, tidy and unmodified example to put in our photographic studio in Derby. The spec of the car can be any of them but it does need to be as original as possible, so no aftermarket wheels or side skirts please!
We do have a fuel budget to get you there (and back) but I do have a limit of £75 before I have to get sign off, so if anyone is interested please can you let me know whereabouts you are so I can make sure you are covered.
The owner will also get a full set of the studio pictures for their own personal use and a copy of the magazine.
We need to get the car shot by the beginning of April, however if there are any interested owners we would probably try and sort a date out sooner rather than later in case any problems arise (usually weather related) so we can re-arrange the date.

If you are interested please can you send a snapshot of your car to:
vicky@richarddredge.com
so I can forward them onto the Editor to make a choice.
Many thanks for your time
Vicky

Eddie nuff
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Re: Practical Classics photoshoot - XM required

Post by Eddie nuff » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:30 am

VickyD wrote:We need to get the car shot by the beginning of April
That's me out then as mine won't be going back on the road from it's winter slumbers until the beginning of April.

Shame really.
89 XM 2.0Si RP4788 (Gold)

VickyD
XM newbie

Post by VickyD » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:46 am

Dear Mr Nuff, not necessarily. We would try and get it done before then in case there are any problems so we aren't running to the wire. However for the right car we can add a couple of days on.
I don't pick the car I just get any interested owners to send in a couple of snapshots and the editor makes the decision, so long as I can tell him the situation regarding timing he can factor this in.
Does this help?
Vicky

raynoon
Could do a 2.1 headgasket
Orga / RP numbers: 6043

Post by raynoon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:17 pm

Email sent
1993 Citroen XM 2.1 turboSD auto
1995 Citroen XM 2.1TD Auto EXCLUSIVE

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:24 pm

I hope the article HAS PROPER research made about the models and differences betwee s1 and s2 models. Ive read a few before now and thought .. huuh I dont think so.. and no thats wrong...

there are many under the skin variations on the xm and they are far not the same underneath.

Hope you have a good informer.. Mr Walse has seen a few xm now has been to a few of our rallies.
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

russ92xmsed
Global Moderator

Post by russ92xmsed » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:38 pm

I agree with you there Paul, would be good to have some accuracy for a change. We need to proof read the article first! :lol:
Russ

1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5712
1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5705 (D)
Also
2003 C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive

I sell Engine bay, 1990 COTY, Total & Club XM Sticker Decals
http://www.rjwcreativedesign.co.uk

VickyD
XM newbie

Post by VickyD » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi All
At the risk of causing much discussion I have already asked the club for a proof reader but there is a small catch. Ideally the proof reader has to know about these cars and have one available for the feature writer to get to and take photos of problem spots. This is not to put the cars down it's just to make people aware of what they need to look out for when buying a car. In the past we have actually used concours cars to show these spots but if there is a club member / business who works on these cars and has one available for photography then please let me know and I can start a list for this side of things. I appreciate that this may cause a bit of discussion over who knows what, so if you would like to volunteer or put a name forward please mail me at the same address and I'll sort things out from there.
Many thanks
Vicky

White Exec
Citroen God!
Orga / RP numbers: RP7165
1996 2.5TD saloon, Exclusive, Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime, Sable Phenicien
Location: ex-Ealing, Cheshire, W.Sussex & Surrey. Now living in Sayalonga (Malaga, Spain)

Post by White Exec » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Vicky, I'm certain that we can produce both a first-rate car and expert proof reader from our midst. Under the skin lurk some interesting model variations, all of which should make a great article and substance for what-to-look-for.
Chris
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable
1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003

cxprestigeauto
Citroen go-to-guy

Post by cxprestigeauto » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:26 pm

VickyD wrote: Ideally the proof reader has to know about these cars
I nominate John........... :)

No thanks - not my thing at all - no real interest in the XM as a classic car.
Now if you want reams of boring technical facts - that I can do - just look on my offerings on the website. - John
1991 XM 2.0 Si auto RP 4903 (12 April 1990) Alpine White
2019 Suzuki Vitara AllGrip SZ5 Automatic 1.4 BoosterJet. White
1972 Banham Sprint kit car (Frogeye Sprite replica, really a Mini!)

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:33 pm

Look in the "Members Cars" section. Ive restored three now. im actually currently working on one now! And they all suffer in the same places as far as body goes.

Then there is two sorts of Series 1 suspension setups, then theres running variations on the ABS system, then Series 2 inside are different and its ONLY Series 2 cars that suffer a LH display issue but these are easilly fixed. Series one LH dit matrix displays never fail, the RH display though comes in two types... but common across S1 and S2 cars..

Then theres different variations on the Suspension Struts and top mounts under the bonnet.. etc etc... to the untrianed it can all look the same, but there is a lot of different things.
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive