General Enquiry - Events/Shows

Want to share pics and writeups from any interesting car shows and events you may have attended? This is the place...
Pshemsky
Knows how to use the parking brake

General Enquiry - Events/Shows

Post by Pshemsky » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Hi Guys,
Because I'm new member I got a question about events. So just wandering which ones are more family friendly (where You can take kids with you)? Events/shows with other attractions than just a cars and pint of lager ? And what events are designated purely for car owners( focused on cars and mechanical aspects) ?
Regards
Prem

XM 2.5 TD (1996)
Xantia 2.0 HDI (2000)

+ Mitsubishi Grandis
-
Gone with the wind...
Xantia 2.0 HDI (1999)
C5 2.0 HDI (2003)

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: General Enquiry - Events/Shows

Post by citroenxm » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:55 pm

X rally .. The first one of the season listed else where on here is at Burleigh House.. Peterborough...

Then in may is the northen at wetherby race course...

There are new efforts now to try and organise these rallies at more "family" events.. For too long now ccc rallies have been more meet up in a field nothing else to do but talk cars.. Numbers flagging in recent years.. So things need to be and are being done..
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

Pshemsky
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by Pshemsky » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:28 pm

citroenxm wrote:...Numbers flagging in recent years.. So things need to be and are being done..
Hmmm...shame. I don't know what to expect and how many people will come to Peterborough. Do You think that happened because there's less and less old Citroens on roads or maybe human factor is a main reason (lack of time, work and family commitments) ? Or maybe meetings are not social enough ? There must be a reason somewhere :|
Regards
Prem

XM 2.5 TD (1996)
Xantia 2.0 HDI (2000)

+ Mitsubishi Grandis
-
Gone with the wind...
Xantia 2.0 HDI (1999)
C5 2.0 HDI (2003)

russ92xmsed
Global Moderator

Post by russ92xmsed » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:24 pm

These are Citroen Car Club rallies. So nothing to do with the XM club. But most of us are memebers and go to the rallies. You have to think of the CCC now as a collection of splintered off separate car clubs that join together for CCC events. Many reasons why that has happened.

The X rally is always well attended. But is more XM, BX, Xantia, the odd CX and DS. For a day event it is a good start to the rally season. It's in Stamford north of Peterborough.

The national last year was appalling. But the right people are now on the rally planning committee. So things should really pic up and change for the better. There were many factors as to why the attendance had dropped off. If you had gone to last years national that summed up why and what was wrong.

Chevrons rally at Little Horwood in early septmeber is a very good one too. Very well attended and with a wide range of cars on display. Last year was the first one. It took over from the CXM rally after a years break. The chaps who organised that, and it was a great success, were asked to join the rally committee to plan future nationals. I would say things are on the up. Hopefully!
Russ

1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5712
1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5705 (D)
Also
2003 C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive

I sell Engine bay, 1990 COTY, Total & Club XM Sticker Decals
http://www.rjwcreativedesign.co.uk