black S1 Glasgow Uni Saturday a.m. !!!!!!

Think you've spied another forum member's XM out on the roads? Ask in here!
jorgy
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

black S1 Glasgow Uni Saturday a.m. !!!!!!

Post by jorgy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:00 pm

Spotted today 11.30am in Glasgow (University).

An S1.5 by the plate, 2lt turbo Automatic, in quite good condition.

This is NOT the usual identical looking 2lt n/a seen in the West End until up to a couple of years ago.

Originally bought in Lanark!

SUCH a shame I didn't have pen+paper to leave a msg to owner :( :evil:

Had a couple of car mags in French at the rear seat so owner could be quite a nutter with Cits :D

I'll keep an eye for it, there are a few chances I may stumble on it again -most cars parked in this place in the weekend is people going to the gym-.

cheers
George
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'94 XM 3.0 12v LHD Manual, DIRAVI, Black - @138k, now 175k - RP6336 - SORN
'93 XM 2.1TD SED Manual, Pearl Emerald Green - @80k, now 115k - RP6077
SOLD '99 2.0 Xantia HDi Exclusive, Silver -118k to 130k
'00 XM 3.0 24v Exclusive, Silver - @117k

Aerodynamica
Citrobics expert

Re: black S1 Glasgow Uni Saturday a.m. !!!!!!

Post by Aerodynamica » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:38 pm

HaHA! 'Mansefield Motors' of Lanark was our local Citroen dealer when I was young - my family bought all their 2CVs, both AXs, Saxos, Xantia, Xsara, C3s and the Berlingo from there - it became 'Motorway Cars' in around 2002 and then unfortunately closed down about a year or so back.

My first impressions of Citroens were learned there - I saw my first BX and CX cars there as a 7 year old. I distinctly recall the Xm launch as Mansefield had their entire showroom empty apart from the sole mystery new Citroen under a black silk cloth and a single spot light. I recall going past one night after hours in the car and gazing out over to the dark showroom. We then went to see the new car the following week.

M reg must be quite late registration for a S1 XM. I do wonder where this car lives presently.
1993 Xantia 1.9 TD VSX 'Auld Katy' Mk1 'sinker'