Just purchased an XM.

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
Morciii
Can find the S1 radio

Just purchased an XM.

Post by Morciii » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Just picked an XM today. 2.0L prestige. I got it home no problem, but it is going to be a little bit of a project. I'm hoping to have it MOT'd and in daily use soon. I know it needs new rear spheres, a speedo cable, new tyres etc. And will probably require even more than that.
Just wondering, is there anyone near me who knows these cars? I've never owned a mad old Citroen before. I live in Lanark.
Thanks

sdelasal
Has changed a sphere or two

Re: Just purchased an XM.

Post by sdelasal » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Welcome & well done - I have the same type of car too, 93 though on a K. Try typing glasgow into the search machine and you'll get a lot of results, I seem to recall few xm'ers live around that way. steve

xantia_v6
XM Guru

Post by xantia_v6 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:10 am

Morciii wrote:Just picked an XM today. 2.0L prestige. I got it home no problem, but it is going to be a little bit of a project. I'm hoping to have it MOT'd and in daily use soon. I know it needs new rear spheres, a speedo cable, new tyres etc. And will probably require even more than that.
Just wondering, is there anyone near me who knows these cars? I've never owned a mad old Citroen before. I live in Lanark.
Thanks
Welcome.
If no-one local shows up here, user RichardW on FCF is near Lanark, and has a Lexia.
1999 XM Exclusive V6 24V ES9 Manual (LHD) 105,000 km
1997 Xantia Exclusive V6 (RHD) 45,000 miles

Morciii
Can find the S1 radio

Post by Morciii » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:41 am

Nice one, thanks! I'll keep him in mind if I hit a brick wall

Aerodynamica
Citrobics expert

Post by Aerodynamica » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi there, my parents live in Carluke and I visit quite a lot (not only to use the garage!). I wonder are you the chap that I met while I was working on the gold coloured Xantia? I gave you a rear centre suspension sphere. Was that you? or are there two new XM owners in Lanark? :lol:
1993 Xantia 1.9 TD VSX 'Auld Katy' Mk1 'sinker'