New owner with Series 1.

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: New owner with Series 1.

Post by citroenxm » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:15 am

No zoom in will.. here I've done it for you..
Screenshot_20201211-081358_Chrome.jpg
Theee rotary dials... as you predicted..

And what looks like a properly sitting glove box catch release which means it should work..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

ralphturenne
Can find the S1 radio

Post by ralphturenne » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:55 pm

now that i am looking at all the replies i am glad i found you guys, thank you so much. I got it from my uncle, he loves it i want to restore it to its former glory. I have not tried to turn the engine on yet even though my uncle said it will run. I definitely will post the progress as i go along anyone that knows where i can find the body parts please share, I will inventory what I need and i will share as i go along. I guess i have a good deal with this baby... whats the price range for a this particular car if restored?

ralphturenne
Can find the S1 radio

Post by ralphturenne » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:57 pm

you gave me tones of info i just did not know where to find your detail answer as i am new to online forum. thank you again

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:03 pm

What body parts do you need. Bear in mind some interior parts especially dash board parts will be different between LHD Cars and UK RHD cars.. externally though shouldn't be a problem.. hard to get to start with will be the Marker Side lamps at each side if the headlights and possibly the chrome plastic strips. I think there is a guide on here as to restore them or someone was going to put one up and never did..

Others

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:19 am

Knowing where you are in the World will be an advantage for sourcing spare parts, as postage for large, heavy items will be significant.

I would start with getting the engine running and the car mobile, as an immobile Xm, on the floor, is a pain to work on.

I would push the roof back out...make sure you work from the edges towards the centre, otherwise it will buckle. You need to be gradually working the dent back into shape.

Make the car watertight, so cover the broken windows and look for replacements.

Make a list of what you need.
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

Eddie nuff
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by Eddie nuff » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:48 pm

citroenxm wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:24 pm
Meaning it's the second oldest xm we currently know of with Mathews lhd polish car being a bit older.
I remember when I got Goldie back in 2013 she was the third oldest XM known - now she doesn't even get in the top ten! :shock:
89 XM 2.0Si RP4788 (Gold)

Eddie nuff
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by Eddie nuff » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:06 pm

The side repeaters are the same as mine, the exterior trims will come back with some decent restorer. Take care with the loose trim on the side of the windscreen, you really don't want to lose that. ;)

The roof will push out steadily - wouldn't be surprised if the headlining has come away from the backing board. The dent on the front wing will pull out. Bodywork looks in decent condition. Ask around the local window fitters for a rear screen. They will know if they are available where the national companies won't be interested.

Put some air in the tyres, kick her up and see what happens . . .
89 XM 2.0Si RP4788 (Gold)

White Exec
Citroen God!
Orga / RP numbers: RP7165
1996 2.5TD saloon, Exclusive, Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime, Sable Phenicien
Location: ex-Ealing, Cheshire, W.Sussex & Surrey. Now living in Sayalonga (Malaga, Spain)

Issues with starting the car (S1 V6)

Post by White Exec » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:52 pm

Member ralphturenne (in Haiti) has contacted me with this problem...
S1 V6 manual, RP4734 (25Oct'89)

Am reposting Ralph's PM here, as someone will be sure to help...

" I have a major problem with my xm, I will attach docs about the car [see above] that I own. I will try to explain to you what I am experiencing maybe you have came across that problem before or know someone that did.

1. I lost the original key of the car, the only original key I have is the door key(with a chip). I had a simple key made for me to start the engine. I was able to crank it up a few times but we quickly realize that the injectors were not receiving any electrical current at all so the car could not stay running for long. In order for us to run it for a long time we have to poor gas directly into the intake. That test allow me to know the engine is fine and something was either wrong with the key not being the original key of the car or that the immobilizer was giving problem. Having said all that the car is in Haiti where there is no Citroen dealer anymore since the 1990's, thus there is no qualify tech that can work on it. I am also looking for a way to have a key made for me with the correct programing code, well more problem, again every company I contacted regarding making me a key they told me they don't have the necessary software for that car and they don't know where they can get it. So I am stuck. the ECU unit is fine.

how do you think I can get the key done? do you think the key I use to start it may be the problem? where can I find the software they would need to reprogram the car/key? what else do you think I can try to bypass the immobilizer so that the key i am currently using can work?

thanks a bunch.
not sure if I explain it well but ask me whatever you need that I can better narrow down what I am looking "
Chris
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable
1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003

ralphturenne
Can find the S1 radio

Post by ralphturenne » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:34 pm

hello guys,
i am looking for a windshield and the rear back glass.

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:25 am

Early mk. 1 cars don't have chip on key immobiliser. They had the keppad. However I reckon a bad wire under the bonnet. I had this on my 92 sei.. I'd switch on the ignition and both. Red and green lights on. And no life under the bonnet... I went under the bonnet and decided to waggle and move the wires etc. There's a. Bank of relays on the front of. The. Ecu. Box.. I have these a shake and the relays clicked and came to life as well as the fuel pump.. It was a light touch I grabbed them like a bunch of flowers and moved. Them... That's the first. Thing I'd advise.

Others