New member seeking XM

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
Scrof
XM newbie

New member seeking XM

Post by Scrof » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:36 am

Hi folks

Thought I'd do a quick intro post here before I post a more detailed 'Wanted' ad in the correct forum.

My name's Alex, and I'm a long-time Citroen enthusiast looking to buy my first XM. I've had four BXs (2x TZD Turbo, 2x GTi 16v) and two Xantias (1x 1.9TD SX, 1x 1.8i LX) in the past, and after a while away from Citroens during which I've had a series of cars, but most notably an E24 BMW and a TVR Chimaera, I'm now looking to own one of the big Citroens I've always really lusted after: a CX or XM. Ideally the latter, as it best fits my requirement for a weekend car that I can also use to get to work events reliably every now and again.

I'm a motoring journalist by trade, and I write mostly for The Telegraph, but also for CarGurus and What Car? [shameless plug] If you want to see me getting worked up about old Citroens, you can do so in this video CarGurus recently published, where I was along to act as a resident 'Citroen nut' - and, no doubt, get a few facts wrong along the way - sorry in advance. (Sorry too that I wasn't given more time to spend on the XM - I was told to focus on a few specific models!) [/shameless plug] You can also find me on Twitter (well, what's left of it) as @Scrof.

Anyway, that's me. Hopefully I'll be around a bit more if I can find the sort of XM I'm after, no doubt to bother you all with idiotic technical questions. Until then, all the best!

Julianw
Has changed a sphere or two
Orga / RP numbers: 4937

Re: New member seeking XM

Post by Julianw » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:34 am

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing more from you, not least how you get on with your search