Greetings

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
scotty
XM newbie

Greetings

Post by scotty » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:01 am

Hi,
Am new to this particular forum on behalf of my Father, who is not computer literate!

He owns 2 XM td breaks, 2 Dyanes, an H van, ZX and BX plus various vintage buses.

I myself own a CX25GTI auto and a CX25TRD turbo series 1, which i will soon be picking up, have had many cits myself in the past including an XM2.0SI, which unfortunately was a tad unreliable, however it did not let me down on my wedding day as it was our wedding car!!

Regards to all

Scott

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Re: Greetings

Post by robert_e_smart » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:38 am

Welcome to the XM forum Scott,
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

scotty
XM newbie

Post by scotty » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:51 am

Thanks Robert,
Thankyou, I gather you must be the same Robert with the CX prestige in Falkirk, do you have a taker for it yet?

The reason i pulled out of taking it on is due to the large extent of work required and the fact that my Citroen eyes are bigger than my wallet so to speak, however since then as you may have noticed on my introduction quite by chance i have been offered a CX25TRD TURBO series 1 for nothing, it is also less than two miles from where i live, i couldn't believe it, you just get talking to somebody about cits and then you get told "oh i have a CX in my drive if you want it", also it is 238 miles nearer to where i live.

It is in relatively good nick, covered in slimy moss which in my experience protects the paintwork really quite well.

Regards
Scott

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:04 am

Hi Scott,

Thats me. Forum member Davetherave is hopefully going to be the new custodian of the Prestige, he was bidding on the other Prestige on e-bay, which by the looks of it he has won as the only bidder.

You've done well to get another offer of a free CX in such a short time, and one that won't cost you a fortune to put right either.

Regards

Robert
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic