Geoff Lebowski

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
Geoff Lebowski
Has changed a sphere or two

Re: Geoff Lebowski

Post by Geoff Lebowski » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:28 pm

The XUD7TE on the BX has a solid pulley. A friends facelift but non HDi Xantia has a harmonic balancer pulley. I didn't know petrol cars had them???? I asked my Dad to check is TCT but he didn't have one.

The H/B pulleys are obviously more expensive than solid pulleys, so Cit must of had a good reason for fitting them.
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto Hatchback

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:30 pm

My 1991 BX TZD Turbo had a lightend ALLOY crank pully.. Solid, but it was all machined out!

Never seen one before, not seen one since!

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:43 pm

Dieselman wrote:
Dean wrote: Oh and its officialy still too cold to be working on cars :D
Down near the flippin' equator, never any snow or cold and he says that..... :roll:

I've been out there for the last two weeks come rain or shine...well snow actually...
You don't know what cold is........when I were a Lad.... ;)
Might have been all the drink the night before thinned my blood :lol: but i suspect it was having to lay underneath this bloody audi for 2 hours fighting to get the power steering pump (whatever one of them is) to move, the engine bay may be packed in the xm in comparison but the audi is still more of a pain to work on, too much utterly pointless complexity coupled with bad layout :evil:

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory