1989 XM Promotion boxed set

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
davbee
XM newbie

1989 XM Promotion boxed set

Post by davbee » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:14 am

Greetings all XM devotees.
I need some help/advice:
In 1989 I visited the Citroen headquarters in Paris whilst on a design world trip. The parting gift from the management was a beautifully presented boxed set of Citroen documents. Clearly this is not a users manual or a workshop manual, but appears to be for dealers/sales staff. Any suggestions? I can send photos to anyone who can help me.

andmcit
XM Guru

Re: 1989 XM Promotion boxed set

Post by andmcit » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:06 am

Without seeing it I'd suggest it's either one of the press pack folders or a dealer introduction folder for sales staff to let them gen up on the new car being introduced. These come with a series of booklets and separate B&W glossy pics that publishers can scan and use for stock shots in publicity. IIRC the series 1 folder is covered in a repeat pattern of Xm logos on a green grey sleeve pouch and then opening the folder has individual booklets for marketing, engineering design etc. I'm totally guessing here and may even be mixing it up with the series 2 one I have.

If you don't mind taking pictures to show us Xm folks this unusual document I'm sure it could be very enlightening!
What advice/help are you requesting though?

Are you considering parting with it or has it influenced you into going out and getting yourself an Xm!?

Andrew

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Re: 1989 XM Promotion boxed set

Post by robert_e_smart » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:56 am

I have one of the documents that Andrew describes at home. Filled with technical information, and large pictures and diagrams. Its all nicely split up into different sections.
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic