Chris from Sweden

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
ChrisSwe
XM newbie

Chris from Sweden

Post by ChrisSwe » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:05 am

I just want to say hello! My name is Chris, 32 years old from western Sweden. :) I'm stuck in the hydropneumatic swamp and now there's no return. :D

Right now I'm missing my old XM's. I had earlier a TCT Saloon -95 and a 2,1TD Aut. Estate -98
I'm missing my old TCT but I have a subsitute right now... pending for my dream XM V6 24.... a Xantia 2,0 16V -00 Estate
My 2,1TD was a black hole. I spent lots lots of money but it didn't get better. Rather worse...
My very first car was a CX prestige -87 but that one gave me nightmares.

I bought it for approx 300£ and now I realizes that I was a bit to unexperienced.
No taxes payed, several spheres were flat, some rusty braketubes and no car inspection was made. But I bought it and drove home in the middle of the night a rainy day in November...just to avoid the police.
The battery condition was poor so if I stopped the car, it wouldn't start again.

So my sister in law, her husband promised me to help me with car.
The brake sphere was flat, the rear sphears flat and head sphear flat...

I let the car stand at my sister in law for a week and when I picked up the car to drive home, I had lost the steering, suspension and brakes without the STOP-lamp shining ... Strange!
3 out of 5L LHM was lost. One of the return hoses had started to leak. A CX without servo steering is like a boat in rough sea. As well I'd bought 5L LHM the same day (!)
Well, open and close the 12mm got the car to raise. But a strange grinding noice came from the front.... front wheel bearing. That was enough for me so I sold her to an enthuiast and she's now resting at him with a defect fuel pump. But that didn't discourage me from Citroën :)

/Chris

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Re: Chris from Sweden

Post by Peter.N. » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi Chris

Welcome to the club. I have been running XMs for 15 years now, previously CX's. As you will have gathered I like them. I have always had manual 2.1 td estates which for my requirements are the best of the bunch and can be very reliable once you sort the bugs out. One of mine has covered nearly 300,000 miles now. In my opinion the 2.1 engine is the best IDI diesel ever made, with tremendous low down torque and 50 mpg + available if driven with restraint. Couple that with the huge interior space and superb ride and I don't know anything to match them.

You can always reckon to replace all the spheres when you buy one - especially at the price I pay for them :D but sadly there are very few about now. I may possibly have the largest collection of my particular model in existance.

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

ChrisSwe
XM newbie

Re: Chris from Sweden

Post by ChrisSwe » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:12 am

Thank you! :) I had the 2,1TD with automatic gearbox and... I think that automatic gearbox isn't well fitted with the engine. I think Citroën took the automatic gearbox from XM V6 12V and just pluged it right into 2,1TD.

The rpm and noise wasn't suitable with the speedlimits. I missed sometimes a 5th gear. It didn't pass the car inspection so I sold it after that.

TCT fitted me better even if it was dead under 2000 rpm. :)