From Estonia. Havin a troubles to keep the car working.

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
Motorist
XM newbie

From Estonia. Havin a troubles to keep the car working.

Post by Motorist » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:29 am

First:
I have a few years for dayli driving a 1989 2,0 xm wiht pallas interior. Good car. now it needs a special parts.

I have also XM 2,1 td Pallas. Still repairing int.

I have also bought a week ago XM 3,0 1992 , with a 92K km on a odometer. the interior is good, but paint is sunburned and need some repainting.

I had XM2,0 1993 and XM1992 2,1 td. sold already them to a friend, hes okey still wiht the cars, the gasoline car has some smole electrical problems but nothing serious.

I have a 2 XM cars 3,0 1992 in parts, didnt keep them cause the cars were in acidents and the damage was bad. If someone need something then put it in mail.

My bigeest problem is that i need some original parts but the local Citroen Dealer is a F...IN greedy!"!!!

I need these rubber mounts for the front suspension, the parts what keeps the shockabsorber in place and where is a the hydraulic ball and joint. Im sorry my english i probably bad , but i hope yull understand.

SO where is the best place to order them? The local dealer says 700-750 Euros for these part. And i know how big is his greed. SO if there is no option other, i think my daylidriver fakePallace is gonna be rustung in the corner of a yard. ( the parted 3,0 cars that i have, had in a accidents these parts also broken.)

Thanks who is thinking tho help me!

Lots of pictures of my hobby is here: http://album.ee/user/268480 and my work and garage history is here : www.motoristiklubi.eu
I like old cars, but nothing is as comfortable than a XM.

messerschmitt owner
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Re: From Estonia. Havin a troubles to keep the car working.

Post by messerschmitt owner » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:37 am

you can get yours rebuilt with new rubber in Lithuania.

http://www.elastomer.eu/en/strut-mounts.html

You may have spares from the other cars so you can send away the spares to have the rubber replaced then swap these onto your cars and do the same. Much cheaper than brand new strut tops from your dealer.
Image[/url]
IMG_0865 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:42 am

Hi Motorist

Those strut heads are just as expensive over here.
We have found a cheaper fix.
Search for posts by KINGas from Lithuania.
He can refurbish old strut heads for around 75 euro each.
The ones he repaired for me are fine.
The replacement material is not rubber but an elastomer with similar properties.
The expected life will be better than rubber.
KINGas adds a steel retaining ring to prevent bonnet damage should the elastomer fail.
No Citroen design incorporates this protection.
There are a number of different types of strut head and they are not interchangable.
Check the type is correct before you order new or send spare ones to KINGas.

John

Motorist
XM newbie

Post by Motorist » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Thank you for your ideas. Im gonna contact with them, they are only 500km from where i live. And i didnt know that this is possible....
Thanks!

Jan-hendrik
XM Guru

Post by Jan-hendrik » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:06 pm

The local dealer says 700-750 Euros for these part.
I was under the impression these parts were no longer available from Citroen?
2000 XM 3.0 V6 24v Exclusive Auto Vert Vega - 86k km LHD RP8569