newbi

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
xantia_v6
XM Guru

Re: newbi

Post by xantia_v6 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:31 am

Welcome, nice choice of car.
stan wrote:the only fault so far is the AC doesnt work . it hasnt been recharged for some time so i think all the rubber gaskets will have perished but i am well cuffed with the car and i am planning to use it every day
I don't think that any of the seals or hoses in an R134 system deteriorate with lack of use (any more than they deteriorate with use). I would suggest getting it leak tested and filled (with UV dye added) and see what happens. You can buy a cheap UV torch to check for slow leaks yourself.
1999 XM Exclusive V6 24V ES9 Manual (LHD) 105,000 km
1997 Xantia Exclusive V6 (RHD) 45,000 miles

stan
Can find the S1 radio

Post by stan » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:57 pm

thanks for your replies, the xm is still running good , ive found a few issues but i did expect this, the boot doesnt lock with the central locking or the key in the boot lock as it just spins, the sunroof leaks as from last night but the rain was very heavy , i had a slight leak from the break pipe but i soon sorted that, the car is a joy to drive and i first used the cruse control yesterday and worked perfecly
i am one happy xm owner

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:01 pm

The boot lock is another known issue.. Theres two things you can do.. Remove the boot panel and strip and lube up the lock unit, Im sure theres one of the pinions that semi sieze up that ive seen a few times, and the small solinoid motor isnt always strong enough to over come it..

As for the boot lock, none of mine have ever worked, so thats a normal trait..

Theres a lock barrel strip down guide here somewhere which with care works well..
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

casalingua
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by casalingua » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:25 am

Welcome aboard. It sounds like a fine car. In black the XM is particularly imposing. I recommend you get a really good car wax to bring out the best in the car´s bodywork. This makes up for the fact black paint somewhat hides the graphics of the window-line. I use Sonax at the moment but have used AutoGlym very happily as well. Something with a lot of carnauba wax is the ultimate polish but it costs a hefty sum (though you have to use it less). There are lovely highlights around the front wing (from light to mirror) and along the flanks. I particularly cherish the corner where the top of the rear wing flows into the tail-gate. It´s a really nicely handled bit of steel pressing.

stan
Can find the S1 radio

Post by stan » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:12 pm

i wll get the aircon recharged as soon as i get a day off

stan
Can find the S1 radio

Post by stan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:35 pm

now got the AC recharge and all working fine but driving back from the AC garage the drivers side window fell into the door, ive took the door pannel off and found 2 loose brake cable looking items, one with a spring with a plastic cover

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:26 pm

Thats the useual.. The setup is a single frame with one continious cable spooled on the motor, the cable will have snapped that is attached to the window via a plastic clip..

There are repair cables available IF you have the patience to set it all up again.. or get a replacment, which will have to be a second hand one now.
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive