revised introduction

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
peter higginson
XM newbie

revised introduction

Post by peter higginson » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:36 am

Hi, I posted the message below, but forgot to say that the cables I referred to were the front window cables. Sorry!

I am the proud owner of the late Dr. Alex Moulton’s 1998 Citroen XM V6 Exclusive which I purchased in 2010 when it had done 70,000 miles (some 85,000 now). Its a beautiful car (see http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/news/al ... -for-sale/). When I met him at his house, with three Mini's parked outside and a Rolls in the garage, he said it was his favourite car, with a suspension far superior than the Rolls. He was selling as was getting a bit elderly. A very lovely man who wanted it to go to a good home, and knowing I had had numerous Citroens before (DSs, 2CVs, CXs, XMs), generously reduced the price.

All is well, barring both cables snapping virtually at the same time a couple of months ago, and will shortly have time to fix them. Purchased the cables from e-crofting, but I know it will be a fiddly business. Any suggestions?

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: revised introduction

Post by citroenxm » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:40 pm

Hi peter.. welcome to our fourm..

Just a little note. If you could go back to your first intro you can edit your post correctly to say window cables..

We can then remove this topic and prevent two intros of the same topic and any confusion.

Cheers.
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:39 am

Welcome Peter, that's a very special car you have there and owned by a very interesting man. Excellent :D
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:15 pm

CitroJim wrote:Welcome Peter, that's a very special car you have there and owned by a very interesting man. Excellent :D

Doh, theres always one who posts in the wrong intro Section... :D :D :D Joking Jim! Was trying to keep this one empty so there isnt two intros for the same person...
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:53 am

citroenxm wrote: Doh, theres always one who posts in the wrong intro Section... :D :D :D
You just can't get the staff these days can you Paul :twisted:

Perhaps if you locked this thread it might stop complete idiots like me posting where they shouldn't ;) :lol:
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!