New Member - trapperjohn

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
Charles M
Citrobics expert

Re: New Member - trapperjohn

Post by Charles M » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:16 pm

I got hold of veg oil from the local Indian hypermarket for 90p a litre. Filling up the car did involve a lot of it going on me, the drive and the sides, and the smell driving was pretty horrid. If diesel shoots up again, I might just overcome my reluctance (and wear old clothes) when I get my diesel XM.
Gold Citroen SM 1972

Also in the garage

Allard M1 drophead 1949
Mercedes 190e 2.5 16 Cosworth 1989
Range Rover Classic 300tdi 1994

kingp
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by kingp » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:37 pm

To be honest I've done it all.

Wvo worked out very cheap at about 10-20p/litre including some petro in the tank when I first started but then moved to winteriser later on.
Svo was great as I just carried a small funnel with me and would just stop by a costco when travelling about :)
Chucked in old engine oil, lhm and other combustible fluids without much issue.
I once and only once had a fuel filter clog on me when doing all this and that was within the first few months of running all this mix and I put it down to all the old gunk in the tank being cleared out as it never happened again.

Good filtering and dewatering is critical IMO.

The hdi is very very good at what it does and so much so it needs extra help getting warm ;)

Anyway I apologise for my digression :)

Where are you based in the country so we can see about getting you into an xm ;)

trapperjohn
XM newbie

Post by trapperjohn » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Based in Sunny (ha) Lancashire.

Eddie nuff
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by Eddie nuff » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:27 pm

citroenxm wrote:However, for no faff, I drive a HDi 110 Xantia, and they are any OIL Free... IE: Wont use it.

The extra MPG given for me is enough to warrant NO Messing around..
Couldn't agree more. At least 50mpg just chugging around on normal suburban driving. :D
89 XM 2.0Si RP4788 (Gold)